Are Otter shots banned yet?

Edit My Images
No
Took this on my first (and it would seem only) day out with a Sigma 70-200 apo dg Lens. It broke an hour after this and is being replaced as we speak.

Slightly cropped from the left and adjusted levels as it was a little dark.

132422968_5eb50672d9.jpg

Also A Flamingo with the same lens. This one was just put through Helicon Filter on the default Sharpening and Contrast settings.

132388407_858eb1a3fb.jpg

Let me know what you think...

Nowt wrong with the sharpness on those two. I like the first shot - I'd crop it at top and bottom to get closer to 3:2 format.

Really nice shots , you otter be proud of them...

:getmecoat

You have re-cropped the otter shot since I first looked and it sits better now. i know that the correct way is to leave space for the animal to look/move into but the original crop had just a little too much and as a result felt unbalanced. I was going to suggest not as a severe crop on the left to balance it more but the tighter crop at the top and bottom has worked well too.

Both the otter and the flamingo are tack sharp :)

Do you guys think I can save this shot

133018719_0bd978cec5.jpg

I know what I wanted but I just don't think it works somehow. It's a severe crop but the background is very un-inspiring. I was hoping for The otters head in the middle to pop out a bit more, But I think he is just lost in the shot.

There is a picture trying so hard to work and what a catch it would have been. Unfortunately on this occasion I feel that nature has just not quite delivered the goods.

Can I say noble effort?

Steve said:
There is a picture trying so hard to work and what a catch it would have been. Unfortunately on this occasion I feel that nature has just not quite delivered the goods.

Can I say noble effort?

Good call Steve:thumb: . They are always sleeping like this so I'll have another go next time i'm there. Maybe a head on shot.

Back