Are you ready for London next month?

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Every other year the Tour de France starts from outside of France.... this year they've decided London is a good place.

So, Saturday 7th July sees the Prologue Time Trial in London itself (7.9 km) and Sunday is a 203 km (approx. 126 miles) stage, London to Canterbury.

I was really lucky last weekend. I had to go to Milan for work and the road outside of my hotel was closed. I'd not realised it but the Giro d'Italia finished in Milan that day and the race was going past my hotel - 10 times! Not one to miss an opportunity.....

giro__16.jpg

Wow how lucky were you!! Any more photo's?? I'm thinking of going to London for the Prologue and need a bit of inspiration. Did you find it tough getting the sort of shots you wanted?

Wow how lucky were you!! Any more photo's?? I'm thinking of going to London for the Prologue and need a bit of inspiration. Did you find it tough getting the sort of shots you wanted?

I do have more but I need to redo the web-album. Not difficult at all. Try and get to the outside of a bend. (not recommended for Motorsports). Slowish shutter speed and p_a_n... that ususally gives a nice, splash of colour and action.

Time trials like the prologue can be boring to photograph unless you're toward the end of the course, when riders are catching their "minute-man". Trouble is, with Tours of this calibre they usually leave on 2 minute intervals so there's no slip-streaming advantages (cheating).

Thanks for the advice. As i say i never been to a cycling event before, so maybe the prologue would be a good place to start and get the feel of panning. Otherwise it would be one chance and i've missed it territory! Have you seen the course? I quite fancy pitching up in Westminster Square as there looks to be a sort of long chicane in the course, which might mean they going a bit slower.

Cheers for the hu Chuckles ... (y) ... I had caught up with this in London this week ... ;)

We usually watch the T de F avidly on TV every year ... not so sure I want to be amongst the crowd for a quick flash past though ... :shrug: ... might just cop out and keep to the usual habit of watching it on the box ... :p

:p

It's running right through Gravesend where I live, so I'm going to go down and have a look.

I've got copies of the routes for the prologue and stage 1 for Google Earth. If anyone wants them, let me know.

Back