Are you ready for the storms?

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
All this talk today all over the news of the "Worst storms this winter, are due to batter Britain".
Are you ready? Do you care?

Think it will be as bad as they say?

i am in the south west and they still say its coming although today has been a lovely day.

hope it does come cause i have the morning of and will go and take pics of the waves

i'm hoping for the very worst of storms so I can go and take lots of shots of the aftermath ;)

Keep hearing bits about this, will wait to see what happens, been threats of snow around here for ages, so hope we get some of that in the storm, but my guess is just a bit of wind :(

Was tempted to head to the coast tomorrow, but dont know.

It's been lovely and sunny here all day and I've made my car all clean and shiny this afternoon, so it better not rain or i'll be very :annoyed:

Yeah its been nice here all day too, storms are supposed to hit us (in the North West) at around midnight.

I have a sneaky feeling it's not going to be as bad as they think, we'll see!

Think I am ready. Finally took the gazebo down today.(smoking area now gone!!) Camera batts charged and card cleared ready. High tide is 12.43 tomorrow.;)

I hope we have a lot of rain, wash all the salt and muck off the roads.

I might get wet on the way to work though :nuts:

Batteries charged, all garden items that could possibly move have been put into the shed, roof roped to the house in cse it tries to fly away, freezer stocked up in case the world comes to an end :LOL:

Well the camera battery is charged, and I have got the doors bolted as well as pushed shut, otherwise its all as normal!

I really hope there isn't one, reason being that i have to be up at 8:00 in the morning or 7:30 and get red and go out for a job interview and our car is only small so we might get chucked about :(

I will see if i can get some photos of it aswell :)

Wind.jpg

That is what it looks like for our place, at 24:00 tonight (y)

Tony

That is what it looks like for our place, at 24:00 tonight (y)

Tony

Indians? ;)

Doesn't look like there's a warning in place for us up here, just loads of rain :(

gonna miss us, but Fish said that in 87...

gonna miss us, but Fish said that in 87...

Ever since then the reports have always been overcautious, they really dropped a you know what there.

i hope it holds off for a little while, ive got roofers coming tomorrow to fix my roof!

sounds like you booked them in at just the right time!

Monday
0900 heavy rain 5°C SW 18 mph gusts 36 mph
1200 sunny 7°C SW 22 mph gusts 53 mph
1500 light rain 7°C SSW 30 mph gusts 49 mph
1800 heavy rain 6°C SW 22 mph gusts 39 mph
Night heavy rain 4°C W 18 mph gusts 38 mph

This is from my local area, We've had worse this winter.

I came back from the manchester tattoo show to some heavy hail.
Hurt like buggery when walking from the bus stop to home.

Uh Oh.. Looks like its picked up a bit there Jock!! lol.. hold on tight now...

Still as calm as anything here. If I hadn't seen weather reports, I'd have said it's looking to be a nice day.

We had a bit of strong wind in the night (might have been down to the broccoli we had yesterday though :LOL:), and some rain, but it's lovely outside at the minute with beautiful blue skies!

I'm in Devon and it is blowing like crazy here.

It's whipping around the house.

and the rain is terenchal

No point in straightening my hair today lol

Not too bad here either (about 100miles in land)
Its wet its windy but not too bad...................

Crazily windy and rainy here at the moment...theres wheelie bins blowing all over the place! Its been hailing on and off too but then we've also had a few sunny warm spells!! I dont think the weather can make up its mind!

Ooh and we just got some really loud thunder!!! scary...

Quite a nice day up near Newcastle, it has drizzled a little bit but almost no wind at all :)

Is this the calm before the storm :shrug:

Bry.

I had a bit of wind this morning but by the time I had a coffee and a smoke it had all fizzled out.:D

I had wind this morning... The wife wasnt happy when i kept on wafting the duvet!! :naughty:

nothing here, calm as a millpond, a bit of rain today but thats it, its actually a beautiful evening, bit of cloud but clear enough to see right across the solway.

and my roof is fixed :D

Marcel - awsome avatar (y) :D

Hehe thanks. I've just happened upon the delights of Scrubs, and have watched 1 1/2 seasons this past week. Love the stuff.

Still no storm here :(

I've been to daventry today, it was a bit blustery with horizontal rain, not very pleasant but not as bad as I was expecting, came through some very heavy storms on the way back

It still amazes me how some drivers think it's OK to put just sidelights on when it's absolutley bucketing it down, like they're going to get a bill at the end of the month.

Petrol £55
Insurance £31
Lights on M6 J12 to 22 £11

The air is beginning to move a bit here so I think we might have a breeze tonight. Also moisture level increasing.

Back