Art Deco

Interesting building and the processing works well but IMO taken from the wrong viewpoint so the composition isn't right ... looking up over a wall, bit of an angle etc - guess you had no control over that though?

Like it and the processing, agree about the position, I'd crop the wall at the bottom off. Shame about all those damn aerials, Planning officer needs to nip round and get a communal one going, spoils the look of a really interesting building.

Matt

Just down the road from me so I know it very well:) The wall is a balcony above some shops so very difficult to leave out of the shot as you are shooting upwards and I am guessing Andy was virtually leaning on the sea wall/railings so moving back isn't an option either.
The processing as livened it up and no matter how many times I shoot it I find I am limited.
Really good job of a difficult thing to capture right:) much better than my attempts.

I think the shot is very good indeed. However, I really think art deco is pants :)

Just down the road from me so I know it very well:) The wall is a balcony above some shops so very difficult to leave out of the shot as you are shooting upwards and I am guessing Andy was virtually leaning on the sea wall/railings so moving back isn't an option either.
The processing as livened it up and no matter how many times I shoot it I find I am limited.
Really good job of a difficult thing to capture right:) much better than my attempts.

Thanks and yes, a few steps back and I would have been in the drink!! :LOL:

Thanks everyone. (y)

Back