Beginner Artistic gravestone photos

I like the first image think that has worked well.

I am not sure about the 2nd one I find the brown tone a bit to heavy and wonder if using a wider aperature on the statue to isolate it more form the background may have enhanced a little more?

Saying that, I think they would both work well printed.

I like the first image think that has worked well.

I am not sure about the 2nd one I find the brown tone a bit to heavy and wonder if using a wider aperature on the statue to isolate it more form the background may have enhanced a little more?

Saying that, I think they would both work well printed.
Thanks Nick, feedback is much appreciated, I'll try the wider aperture next time I go over there.

I like the 2nd photo too, reminds me of HIM's old music video 'Gone With The Sin' :)

Graveyards and churches throw up some surprisingly good photos.
Did some years ago when on holiday. Going to dig them out(excuse the pun)

Many years ago I did a drawing of gravestones, it went down rather well. I wonder if I still have it :D but I've never tried this with a camera.

Well done Keith.

PS.
I live very close to a graveyard and I have been thinking of taking a camera... to shoot the squirrels :D

Many years ago I did a drawing of gravestones, it went down rather well. I wonder if I still have it :D but I've never tried this with a camera.

Well done Keith.

PS.
I live very close to a graveyard and I have been thinking of taking a camera... to shoot the squirrels :D
Very few squirrels in this graveyard, which is strange as they're all over my area. A small army of Jackdaws though, and sometimes they pose on the stones.

I'm always hanging about in graveyards. Grave stones are great subjects for texture and detail.

I'm always hanging about in graveyards. Grave stones are great subjects for texture and detail.

We used to have a lovely old and historically significant church but southerners came and dismantled it stone by stone and whisked it away down south. I kid you not.

Did they rebuild it?

Back