Arty farty train piccy

Don't know much about film development but the subject matter doesn't do much for me.

winnipegger said:
Don't know much about film development but the subject matter doesn't do much for me.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
I hope I see what you were attempting in getting the reflection of the station in the window of the train.

Wondered if it may have had more impact if taken in landscape avoiding the door. I expect the train has left the station now unless its British rail ! :puke:

The reflection in another train was the point, you may be right about the door breaking up the reflection though. I may well have another go with a more flexible camera, probably my M6 rather than the trip. Luckily it was taken at Clapham Junction, the self styled 'busiest station in the UK'! ;)

I like the split in the reflection, makes it look like one of those fancy 'out of bounds' photos that people get all gooey eyed on Flickr :) My only gripe with this shot, and it is a small one, is the reflection of what I assume are lights on the left hand side, a little bit distracting on what is an otherwise interesting and well executed picture.

Can't argue with your choice of camera though :D

norters said:
I like the split in the reflection, makes it look like one of those fancy 'out of bounds' photos that people get all gooey eyed on Flickr :) My only gripe with this shot, and it is a small one, is the reflection of what I assume are lights on the left hand side, a little bit distracting on what is an otherwise interesting and well executed picture.

Can't argue with your choice of camera though :D

Thanks. It's not a bad camera at all! ;) I may well try again with a few positions on the station. There are enough trains running through!

I think it was a nice concept, almost executed, but just missing it due to the awkward timing.

Catching a moving reflection that only exists as a split second shot is likely to be something you will require several attempts to achieve (if you ever do).

You might want to consider shooting the reflection in a stationary train window, catching the moving train in the reflection instead. Should be easier to time.

I think it was a nice concept, almost executed, but just missing it due to the awkward timing.

Catching a moving reflection that only exists as a split second shot is likely to be something you will require several attempts to achieve (if you ever do).

You might want to consider shooting the reflection in a stationary train window, catching the moving train in the reflection instead. Should be easier to time.

Thanks for that. I agree that it needs more attempts and it is something I will do when I have more time. However, I think the train that is doing the reflecting needs to be moving, It just won't look as good if it is the reflected train moving. However both trains moving is another matter entirely! :)

Back