As i venture into the attic...

Edit My Images
Yes
I venture into the darkness, and what is that i see? A glimpse of shiny silver in the corner of the room... i picked the box up, in which the shiny object was sitting, and took it out of the atic.

As i came back from the darkness of the attic, and into humanity again, i find myself with an old Canon-Av1 SLR with 50mm f/1.8 and 24mm f/2 and a Canon Speedilte 177A

AND A TRIPOD!!

canonav1-1.jpg

canonav1-2.jpg

I can actually use the flash on my 350D :D Works perfectly! I used it to take those photos above, and it's still in fine working order! (With some new batteries). And as you can see from the photo, the tripod is still in working order! The tripod i know for a fact is only about 5 years old though, so not quite as old as the camera. It can successfully hold my Canon 350D with 70-200 F/4 L attached and Speedlite 177A. :D

Nearly looks as nice as my Olympus OM1 I just sold on EBAY (says a Nikon man now ;) ) . Seriously checkout prices on EBAY....I sold my OM1 for £125 whic was more than dealers were selling for :ponders: :woot:

Seriously a gorgeous looking bit of kit......you almost just want to place it on a shelf somewhere to stare at :)

Camera technology may have moved on is leaps and bouds but just look at how well made that AV-1 is, puts the "prosumer" cameras to shame.

Beautiful piece of kit.

Just round the corner from me is a second hand camera shop, I always spend 10 minutes starting at all the lens (FD mount mostly) and cameras thinking 'Just maybe, just maybe'!!!

He seems a little overpriced if you ask me, currently has in the window:

Nikon F5 body £550
Canon EOS 28mm prime £75

What are these things worth these days?!?!?

i hope you enjoy that camera jonny, ive got a canon AE-1, it was my first camera and i still use it occasionally :)

Still have my FM2 and F5 bodies, which I'll never part with.
I really regret selling my old Olly OM-2n, as it'd make a great carry-anywhere camera.

Back