"As I was going to St. Ives"

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
That'll be the one in Cambridgeshire :)

This bridge has some history - certainly going back to the Civil War as it was partly destroyed to stop one side from crossing (can't remember which). You can see that the arch was built in a different style round as opposed to pointy! (I also can't remember which bit was rebuilt - research needed)

I took this back in 2007 with a view of creating a panorama but never got round to it until today. It was taken on a D200 with a 18-70mm DX (believe it or not a 'kit' lens with a D70). Somebody on another thread was asking about it with respect to the 16-85mm. I never cease to be amazed at the IQ from this little lens.

This is a merged composite of 4x 'portrait' format images....

_BAZ8579-Pano.jpg by Barry Cant, on Flickr

That'll be the one in Cambridgeshire :)

This bridge has some history - certainly going back to the Civil War as it was partly destroyed to stop one side from crossing (can't remember which). You can see that the arch was built in a different style round as opposed to pointy! (I also can't remember which bit was rebuilt - research needed)

I took this back in 2007 with a view of creating a panorama but never got round to it until today. It was taken on a D200 with a 18-70mm DX (believe it or not a 'kit' lens with a D70). Somebody on another thread was asking about it with respect to the 16-85mm. I never cease to be amazed at the IQ from this little lens.

This is a merged composite of 4x 'portrait' format images....

_BAZ8579-Pano.jpg by Barry Cant, on Flickr

SNI3 copy by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

agreed!! :);)
just round the corner

Last edited:
Well it hasn't changed at all, walked past the bridge today when I went up town to the post office.
Needs a bit of aligning on the far left :)

Well it hasn't changed at all, walked past the bridge today when I went up town to the post office.
Needs a bit of aligning on the far left :)

What? The Bridge or my image? :)

Lightroom has failed me!

Looks a bit misaligned on the far side, apologies if its my eyesight though.
Keep intending to take a few when its illuminated, like most things, just don't bother when they are so local.

As an aside, new Lloyds Chemist advert on TV was taken in the market square.
Thought it looked familiar when I saw it, Oliver Cromwell statue currently has a poppy garland

Last edited:
@tijuana taxi

Rich, the only thing I can think of/see on the left side is the overhanging 'passing pass' which gives the impression of misalignment.

Here is a screengrab of a comparison between the final merged image and the candidate image (uncorrected or edited) which forms 1/4 of the panorama. (Optical illusions are a digital photographer's curse)

bridgecomp.jpg

Looks a bit misaligned on the far side, apologies if its my eyesight though.
Keep intending to take a few when its illuminated, like most things, just don't bother when they are so local.

As an aside, new Lloyds Chemist advert on TV was taken in the market square.
Thought it looked familiar when I saw it, Oliver Cromwell statue currently has a poppy garland

Yep - St, Ives alright.

Somewhere in my deepest archives I have a shot of the bridge illuminated and a bit of blue light on the Chapel.

Yep - St, Ives alright.

Somewhere in my deepest archives I have a shot of the bridge illuminated and a bit of blue light on the Chapel.

My apologies Barry, combination of optical illusion and my less than great eyesight.
One of the chapel with a bit of Blue light sounds good, sort of thing I keep thinking of trying to get
Here's one a bit more distant, took this in 2015 when my daughter and I took a hot air balloon flight and lucky enough to fly right over our house

overhead-1.JPG

Back