Ass to the grass - Mach Loop

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, it was a slow day in the Mach loop with only two hawk movements worth mentioning and a random frenchy in the mix too:

Here's a couple of everyones favorite TP Fast Jet pilot :naughty:

p221711873-4.jpg

p274615560-4.jpg

p376241946-4.jpg

And one or two from a really nice pass from a couple of guys from 19sqn:

p245719439-4.jpg

p453822778-4.jpg

Finally, some random French tourist - is this a C160?
p202401453-4.jpg

I might re-edit this when I get home - reasonably sharp given it was shot at 1/200 with a 1.4TC
[edit] Eurgh this is horrible and flat, I'll upload a processed one later [/edit]

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Here's the edit - sorry for posting a crappy one to start off with - I was tired!

I'm not sure about this one either tbh, bit more colour and detail though :)
p36002103-4.jpg

As I've already said, great shots Rob. Its a shame that it was a 208 Sqn jet! The close up of the 19 Sqn jet is really detailed - you can see the map in the students hand!

Great stuff,

Cheesy

Yeah I noticed you half inched a 208sqn Jet - tut tut tut :naughty:

I cropped #2 so you can't tell :p

Last edited:
The highlights are tricky - already pushed recovery quite far on them tbh I don't think theres any detail to recover but if you know any tricks please let me know, I'd love to get more out of these photos (y)

There are a few bright spots but I don't think they're particularly over exposed tbh* - the histograms look about right given that I was exposing for the aircraft
Picture3.png

*Could be my monitors of course, its been a while since I've calibrated them :thinking:

Last edited:
The highlights are tricky - already pushed recovery quite far on them tbh I don't think theres any detail to recover but if you know any tricks please let me know, I'd love to get more out of these photos (y)

There are a few bright spots but I don't think they're particularly over exposed tbh* - the histograms look about right given that I was exposing for the aircraft
Picture3.png

*Could be my monitors of course, its been a while since I've calibrated them :thinking:

I'm pretty sure your a RAW shooter so this is what I would do. I use the Nikon NX2 software to do all my RAW conversions (save to Tiff then open in Photoshop). I would knock the exposure down so that you get a lot of the detail back from the blown highlights. This will make everything else look way under-exposed but don't worry. Save this as a Tiff, then go back and save another but with the exposure as it ws (or near enough). Open both these Tiff's in Photoshop and have them as seperate layers, you should be able to play around and get some interesting results.

Mark

Back