Aston Martin DB5

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at todays Olympus UK Press launch for the E-3. They had a wonderful Aston Martin DB5 on show, complete with models... more of the models later... this was the real beauty :)

Camera & EXIF: Olympus E-3, 1/320th Sec@ f2.0; ISO400; 50mm

aston_martin_db8-1.jpg

My PhotoBlog

Ooooh natjag... I could be wrong... lemme check...

EDIT: please give full marks to that man... spot on natjag... it is indeed a DB5. My bad... thanks for the correction.

Nope... sorry Andrew, it's not. It's an Aston Martin DB5

amdb5-2-1.jpg

amdb5.jpg

DB8 is the codename for the Honda Integra type-R 4 door version.

I know my Astons reasonably well, having been involved in the restoration of DB3S, DB4, DB5 and DB6 plus we acted as consultants on the Virage.

Cool Andrew, must have been brill to work on such awesome cars. However... it's still a DB5 - it says so on the tin!! :)

With that thread title I thought you were suggesting you were buying one from your photo profits! Maybe next year?

Personally, I don't like old things much so while I appreciate the nice photos, I don't like the car and would never entertain owning such even as a £zillionaire (which I'm not!)

With that thread title I thought you were suggesting you were buying one from your photo profits! Maybe next year?

Personally, I don't like old things much so while I appreciate the nice photos, I don't like the car and would never entertain owning such even as a £zillionaire (which I'm not!)
Yeah right Dave... photo profits - I wish!!

Presently in London Heathrow awaiting boarding announcement to Dusseldorf - for a trip that helps fund the photography :)

E-3 on its way too... wohoooooo!!

Digital Depot...:) (pending discussion you're already aware of!!)

I am sure he was joking and that there was no offense meant. There certainly was none taken... :) Andrew obviously has superb knowledge of AM's...

Thanks for the comment re the pictures, it was a corker. The colour also was beautiful, sort of a slightly darker sky-blue. Paintwork was in awesome condition, and those wheels were sooo bright. I tried some of the interior, but they didn't work so well, I might try to touch them up a little when I get back home on Friday, we'll see.

But boy oh boy, what a car!

Back