Aston Martin Owners Club - Brands Hatch - 07/07/07

Edit My Images
No
Bank Holidays are usually a disaster but yesterday started well even though it was raining. 10 seconds after we got on the M25 the matrix boards were showing '40' signs so something was up, thus, we upgraded the trip to 'Disaster Looming' specification. The road was closed between J21a and J23 due to someone falling off in quite a big way. One hour later we were back on track for a 10am arrival - only an hour later than we planned!

Saved a vital 7p and more importantly 2 whole minutes by having a Dart-Tag™, thus eliminating the need to queue up at the Dartford Crossing with the rest of the Bank Holiday Sporks™.

Breakfast happened and we were back in the mood for some serious photo-picture-taking at Kent's finest race circuit.

By now it had stopped raining and the light was even but it was fairly blustery.

Kit as ever is 20D+70-200+120-300+1.4xTC+Me.

These have had a bit more post processing thrown at them than the images in the thread I created on here last night, but only so much as a bit of VelviaVision™ and some Unsharp Mask, but not a lot.

Here's some pics:-

The Nicholas King/Phill Bennett car - this thing was absolutely awesome and owned everyone.
IMG_9315-vi.jpg

Lovely old Healy
IMG_9428-vi.jpg

And an AC Ace!
IMG_9638-vi.jpg

Bit of Porker action
IMG_9401-vi.jpg

Possibly the best looking racing car ever made. The Aston Martin DBR1. This one has some serious race history having finished 2nd in the 1959 24 Heures du Mans
IMG_9470-vi.jpg

The heavens OPENED! Race abandoned and I got drenched in the space of about 3 minutes....
IMG_9507-vi.jpg

...but then the sun came out and the light was just awesome...
IMG_9546-vi.jpg

...and the track dried out completely.
IMG_9695-vi.jpg

Little Healy Sprite - commonly known as 'frogeye'
IMG_9302-vi.jpg

A Pre-War Aston, not sure of the model number, looks fantastic though!
IMG_9480-vi.jpg

I know what this is: It's an Alfa Romeo Giulietta SZ
IMG_9270-vi.jpg

Very recognisable Ferrari 355
IMG_9539-vi.jpg

Another Donkey: Dino 308GT4 driven by Chris Rea. Yes, the Chris Rea!
IMG_9357-vi.jpg

Unmistakably a 911. Or two.
IMG_9698-vi.jpg

Aston DB2
IMG_9467-vi.jpg

And finally, one for the pan haters among you, a Ferrari 308 gets the side-on-1/80s-treatment.
IMG_9064-vi.jpg

The gallery for the day can be found here.

Great selection of shots, in some pretty mixed conditions too :)

Great shot of the Aston in the rain (y) . Also...that frogeye sprite :love:

Looking forward to this - only just over a month now until 7.7.07 ;)

Course it could have already happened on 7th May....

Glad I wandered in to check the date - Very good set of pictures there!

Back