Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry I've been a bit quiet on here lately, I've managed to get a new job, nothing fancy, just looking after a depot of ATS, the tyre people and as a result I've not had much time to use the camera, until today ....

You may recall some time ago I mentioned a calendar of sports cars that I was asked to do, well I had an idea of putting the cars into a scene which is not exactly suited to the mental image, just for a giggle.

So for a start, shiney Aston Martin in a dirty garage ...

67b179fc.jpg

707084a0.jpg

004875e6.jpg

b6d04b5d.jpg

Whatya think ?

Kris

Nice car...dump of a garage :D

I used to do my training with Xerox next door to the Aston Martin factory in Newport Pagnell!

Hi Kris
I like shot #3 the best. Not sure if putting them in a strange place "sells" well. What plans do you have for some of the other pics? - One at the start of the TT next to some of the superbikes might look cool.

Saw the other day the're talking about a speedlimit on the island. 60 was proposed. :sadcry:

Allan

Gorgeous car

2nd on my list :)

Cheers Bachs and Allan, This calendar is for the garage who own these cars, one they can give to customers etc, but they seem to like the idea so its all good!

I've got the new big Bently going into a barn full of hay, and a enzo on a motocross course, silly i know, but logistally fun, lol

60mph will never happen, it'll kill the tourism, plus hardly anyone wants it. There is a questionare currently being posteed to the whole island asking if we will accept it, but I doubt it will go through

Great idea Kris.
Have you tried desaturating the garage?
It may help lift the car from all of the destractions.

60MPH may be brought in because: "annual road traffic fatalities are more than twice that of the UK per head of population", my Uncle being one of them.

Will the speed limit be in force when they run a TT race? :ponders:

Now thats much nicer !
Excellent.
What photoshop technique did you use to blur the background (if you dont mind me asking)?
Thanks,
Rich

the treatment works much better. From my limited (viewing) experience of this sort of shot, they all seem very heavily processed and you obviously have the skills to pay the bills!

Excellent shots of a truly beautiful machine.

Definately works best in the BW example.

Hearing alot of cries about the state of the workshop that the car is in, but personally I think that adds to the style and adds emphasis to the beauty of the car itself.

Great shots, thanks for sharing:thumb:

Braeden said:
Gorgeous car

2nd on my list :)

Settle down mate.....:hand:

:laugh1:

ohh nice Kris, that seems to lift if out very well indeed!

The "enhanced" version doesn't work for me. The car looks better, the tones are nice, but the faked depth of field feels wrong.

I think the enhanced version does work.

I believe the point of the image is to advertise the car, and the
best way to it is to make it stand out form the background.

Kris has done this well without going too over the top.

petemc said:
The "enhanced" version doesn't work for me. The car looks better, the tones are nice, but the faked depth of field feels wrong.

Agree here....the car looks like it has been stuck on top of another image, so loses some of its reality. Best to reshoot with correct DOF, which would end with a seriously excellent image. Love the Mono conversion btw

here's one i saw last week in scarborough :D
aston.jpg

i took this with my DSLR, then went to look through the window, only to see some bloke on his mobile waving at me, god i was embarrased

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, beautiful cars, i will own one one day [/dream mode]

That second one there with the tail lights retaining the red colour works best for me.

The other 'enhanced' one looked too fake - almost like one of your model car shots.

Back