At The Garden Centre (Again)

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I took my new toy (the 5Dmk2) out for a trip to the garden centre a week or so back...a dull wet day...but still some snap worthy shots (well in my view anyway :D)

Anyhow here are a few....all comments and critique very welcomed :)

(All with the 50mm f1.4 - I've gone for some serious dof here )

1) Misty

5060231749_0f801d2dc2_b.jpg

2) Flowers In The Rain

5060842650_d9bd960d77_b.jpg

3) My Life In The Bush of Ghosts

5060232355_0a487c2c9e_b.jpg

4) Absolute Beginners

5060844292_7ef0cfc382_b.jpg

The first one, personally, I find that third stem just oof a little distracting... not much you could do with it I guess, the colours work nicely with the mistiness though. #3 is excellent, good strong colours too. And the last one, the almost infinite feeling really works, it could do with another pot or two on the left to fill in that hole.

The last is my fave.

Thanks John, I prefer the garden centre in the Spring - colours and light sooo much better but there's always something to shoot whatever the season :)

Very nice set, great use of DOF. Thought of taking my cam to the local garden centre never had the nerve, anyone question you?

Very nice set, great use of DOF. Thought of taking my cam to the local garden centre never had the nerve, anyone question you?

Thanks Steve, nope no-one questioned me.

I was approached by the manager of a garden center/nursery in Essex once who was delighted to see me with the camera and very interested in what I'd shot.

Garden Centres (so far) seem pretty cool about it :)

Using your signature DOF to it's best again - lovely shots (y)

Back