At the skatepark with Sam Pilgrim

Edit My Images
Yes
Comments and tips please? Really not my best photos but any tips for next time please.

DSC_4572.jpg

DSC_4564.jpg

DSC_4585.jpg

DSC_4595.jpg

DSC_4600.jpg

DSC_4605.jpg

DSC_4611.jpg

DSC_4553.jpg

DSC_4613.jpg

DSC_4628.jpg

I guess I am going to whitter on about horizontal horizons again. I prefer the first one - well the top half of it. I think you could lose the steel stuff and have a better shot.

No 5 and the 2nd to last one are my favs - nice work (y)

The first two are good, but are let down by a busy background (the trees).

Overall, though - you've got the knack, just try and position yourself in places where you'll have a background where the subject will stand out, which to seem to have got right on a number of shots, but not in others.

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah they definitely aren't my best set.

I was using an off camera flash in most of them, although it's used pretty subtly and on a low power so could of done with turning up in a few places.

I've actually been good friends with Sam for ages and live near him so i get lot of oppurtunities to photograph him, its great!

Oh ace!
Seeing him at NASS was really cool, but having someone who knows him enough to personally take photos of him is even cooler :p

Should have definitely upped the power. Too blurry for my liking.
#1, #5 and #9 are my personal favourites though (y)

Too much blur and I hate how tight the photos are. What shutter speed were you shooting at?

Never cut off parts of a bike in a photo as well.

Number three could have been soo much better. Move over to the right and frame him within the sky between those lamp posts to make him stand out more, also get lower.

Don't try and use a wide angle as a fisheye as well as it doesn't work.

Hope that gives you something to work with/on

Too much blur and I hate how tight the photos are. What shutter speed were you shooting at?

Never cut off parts of a bike in a photo as well.

Number three could have been soo much better. Move over to the right and frame him within the sky between those lamp posts to make him stand out more, also get lower.

Don't try and use a wide angle as a fisheye as well as it doesn't work.

Hope that gives you something to work with/on

I don't think he was trying to use the wide angle as a fisheye :shrug:
I've taken shots using my Sigma 10-20 and in my opinion its worked fine.
This photo is a fine example of that:
2328957801_948a795eae.jpg

ekimeno beats me to the punch.

Back