athletes in full flow

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
hi first time using forum to post some pictures any thoughts and advice would be appriciated
many thanks
George

hurdler1.JPG

hurdler2.JPG

hurdler3.JPG

I think the first one works best, but needs straightening up (as does the third). Pity you cut the limbs off the lad on the right.

I'd be very tempted to crop the 3rd right down to just the middle kid, as that's a great pose, but it depends very much on the level of sharpness you have when cropped.

There is some great captures, I agree that 1 & 3 would benefit from a twist and a crop. I would crop 1 to only have the 3 kids on the left and I would crop 3 to have just the middle three. The last photo would benefit form a tweak of levels to improve contrast (auto adjust would probably do it).

They all need straightening a bit and possibly sharpening too. I like the middle one best as you've captured a nice expression of determination and also the action of hurdling.

What camera etc did you use?

thanks shawwellpete and gingerjohn will play aronud with pics the equipment used was a nikon d40,sigma af 55-200mm f/4-5.6 dc hsm f/nikon and nikon dx af-s nikkor 18-55/3.5-5.6g ed II

What would be really cool is to get down much lower. A very attractive receeding rectangle could be made from looking through the hurdles, and then snap the shutter as the athletes jump over.

They all need straightening a bit and possibly sharpening too. I like the middle one best as you've captured a nice expression of determination and also the action of hurdling.

I agree, a straighten, sharpen and crop and there will be a great shot.

What would be really cool is to get down much lower. A very attractive receeding rectangle could be made from looking through the hurdles, and then snap the shutter as the athletes jump over.

So he's to get down in the middle of the track, line a shot up through the hurdles, then take the shot and get out of the way within the 15 seconds or so it takes to run the race, I doubt it could be done and know the officials would not let you do it.

So he's to get down in the middle of the track, line a shot up through the hurdles, then take the shot and get out of the way within the 15 seconds or so it takes to run the race, I doubt it could be done and know the officials would not let you do it.

I disagree, he could quite easily get that shot from the vantage point he has there. 200mm is more than enough to get the shot from off the end of the 100m track. :woot:

Back