Attacked from Canadian Goose

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
I took my lad out on Monday for a walk around the local nature reserve. He took the bread as usual to feed the ducks. He started to throw the bread into a pool and the geese were approx. 70 Mtrs away. They started shouting and then the one started to fly towards us as normal. I started to focus at 300mm then realised he was coming in fast. By the time I fired the last shot at 80mm and he was still shouting I thought something is not right here, he is not stopping :thinking:

Well as the second shot was being taken my son had fallen over trying to get away and the goose was attacking my feet as I had fallen over trying to hold the lad up. :nono:

So the lesson of the day is not to feed the ducks whilst they are nesting or at least keep to the friendly mallards :)

Shot at 80mm
4500323819_62b584dcb8_o.jpg

Shot whilst falling to the floor
4500323035_40f4248384_o.jpg

I think you missed the focus point in the first shot, no comment on the second :LOL:

Seriously, hope your'e both ok.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I don't normally visit the birds section, but that title caught my eye.
We've got a huge flock of these things at our local lake - and they're vicious beasts!
Hope you and your son are OK and nothing was damaged other than your pride.

p.s. I won't mention the framing and the focus, in case you decide to throw something at me.
These did make me smile though :D

I was shooting Canada's on Monday in a pretty secluded location of a reserve and 2 clocked me and came over rather quickly.

I thought nothing of it and kept getting some nice detailed shots when they continued to come closer than I was happy with and plus I was backed into a good 8 foot bank haha.

I soon got my bag and ushered myself to a safer view.

Not as bad as your experience Stuart, but as said take extra care when they are nesting, as I did notice these came from deep growth on an island purposely to make a point to me.

Back