attempt 2

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
following some tips from Carl i tried with some different back ground, namely cut up my sons 21st birthday balloon
here are a couple of the results

i think i may have lost the plot a bit aswell, started gently blowing and poking the bubbles to arrange them to see what happens :wacky:

4282277639_afb483cc27_o.jpg

4282277875_6ff2f117f7_o.jpg

great pics mate, improved BG from your last set...good work ;-)

Amazing what a difference the background can make, I love the colour of the "big blob" in #1, I'd personally lose the bottom 1/3 of the image to really frame the big blob. #2 is a blinder too, great rainbow colours, again just a tighter crop to frame the big blob and satellite blobs(?) and you are truly cooking on gas!!

Edit: Play with lighting as well, try illuminating your background with an angled light (you want to avoid light hitting the oil / water surface) to get as much light relfected back through the oil / water mix.

Last edited:
arghh cant wait to try these they always look lovely and different every time...I have every thing but need to get a lamp lol actually I need something to put the water in, any advice?

Thanks everyone for the comments, it has been great fun

Amazing what a difference the background can make, I love the colour of the "big blob" in #1, I'd personally lose the bottom 1/3 of the image to really frame the big blob. #2 is a blinder too, great rainbow colours, again just a tighter crop to frame the big blob and satellite blobs(?) and you are truly cooking on gas!!

Edit: Play with lighting as well, try illuminating your background with an angled light (you want to avoid light hitting the oil / water surface) to get as much light relfected back through the oil / water mix.

cheers Carl all your points taken on board, i had already tried moving the light souce around on the same bubble formation...amazing colour shift...result same image different colours.....and i know this might sound :wacky::D but after stirring i was fascinated watching it happen through the view finder :love::LOL:

as for direct light i think i may have discovered that one but i quite like the effect ;)
4285112885_ba34e06906_o.jpg

(y) That last image is spot on, framing is perfect and I love the opalescent (sp??) colours. I agree they're fascinating to watch through the viewfinder, it's like those trippy 60's light thingies (I think they were done with coloured oil slides in a projector??)

Back