Attempting to learn the art of automotive photography!

Name
Andy Eder
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi ladies and gents,

Here are a few pictures taken over the last couple of months from car events that the good lady and I organise. Having a passion for performance cars I find myself increasingly more interested in automotive photography. Sadly I'm still new to this and learning but it's fun... :)

Advice and feedback always welcome (some photos were taken using an EOS 350D with standard 18-55mm kit lens and others with an EOS 40D with EF 24-105mm L USM IS lens).

20080302_teamosaka_22.jpg

20080302_teamosaka_83.jpg

20080302_teamosaka_85.jpg

20080328_rmctow_day1_100.jpg

20080328_rmctow_day1_128.jpg

20080328_rmctow_day1_142.jpg

20080328_rmctow_day1_144.jpg

20080330_rmctow_day3_73.jpg

20080330_rmctow_day3_97.jpg

Cheers,
Andy

Hi there,

Great pictures, I am also relatively new to static car photography and these shots have given me some great inspiration.
I Like number 6 best, the Civic looks lovely and the location is superb.

Regards

Tim

number your pics! makes them easier to critque!

2 is very nice good moody sky keep it up

really nice, lovely colours and I like the angles, I find static awkward

love the pictures :) same hobby as me then :)

with this picture - how was the back ground blurred? was this WITH the camera or photoshop ( ive done it with my 350d before - but by mistake!! ) :(

20080302_teamosaka_22.jpg

Nice pictures. I love number 2. You can see the storm brewing in the background and the storm thats about to hit the road in the foreground.

Thanks for the comments - very much appreciated.

number your pics! makes them easier to critque!

Oops, I will do so in future mate - thanks for the tip! (y)

with this picture - how was the back ground blurred? was this WITH the camera or photoshop ( ive done it with my 350d before - but by mistake!! ) :(

It was done with the camera/lens with a close focal point to achieve the depth-of-field blurring. Apologies for not knowing the correct terminology yet...

Nice pics , whats the location of the Civic with the water in background?

Nice pics , whats the location of the Civic with the water in background?

Mid-Wales area mate - approaching Elan Valley from the south (but I can't recall the area off the top of my head).

Love the Evo's and the type R shots they are great!
Also the Skyline, I took something similar yesterday:
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=1175811660

The only tip I can offer is on the clio shot to take some cleaning stuff with you like a microfibre and some "quick - detailler" as the cars look amazing clean, they just get dirty quick when you drive them to the locations!!

Like the picture mate (y) The funny thing is that I always do carry cleaning stuff in the boot. I have 5-6 different Meguiars products - from Quick Detailer to Glass Cleaner to alloy cleaner to 3 different types of cloths and towels! If we didn't have a schedule to run to I'd have taken more time, cleaned the cars and taken a tripod... next time! Thanks for the comments. (y)

The first one and that civic by the water are my fav's. although i'd say get the people of of the cars first lol.

look forward to seeing more from you.

The first one and that civic by the water are my fav's. although i'd say get the people of of the cars first lol.

look forward to seeing more from you.

Thanks Dal - I got fed up of asking people to move in the end... :LOL:

I just had a quick look at your gallery/portfolio and really liking some of your transportation shots. (y)

Great pics as always mister. I must head over the border for one of your days out. The tractor is nicely fettled now so should be able to keep pace :)

Great pics as always mister. I must head over the border for one of your days out. The tractor is nicely fettled now so should be able to keep pace :)

:LOL: Thanks mate - and you'd be more than welcome to join us in the tractor! Obviously you should bring the camera with you, too...

Hello Sharky, i know you from the Type R owners site, have seen your pics before and allways thought they were great. Nice to see you over here NYAddict(y)

Hi mate - thought I recognised the username :) Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to persuade the good lady to let me buy a new DSLR body and USM IS L lens at the moment...

Hi mate - thought I recognised the username :) Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to persuade the good lady to let me buy a new DSLR body and USM IS L lens at the moment...

Did you not just buy a new body Andy?

Did you not just buy a new body Andy?

No, not yet Nick. Still using the 350D (the 40D was a 'loaner' for a couple of days). Although I'm still learning I feel I've outgrown the 350D in all truth and have a buyer lined up for it. I'm looking to get a 40D body (and hopefully a decent general-purpose L lens too).

The Manfrotto tripod I bought... finally opened it up and it was packaged wrong! It's not one of their 055B(?) range as I had been led to believe. I'm taking it back and swapping it soon.

Thanks for the continued advice too (y)

Back