Aurelia at almost 16 weeks

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
My little girl is growing fast!

I had a bit of a play with my bargain lights tonight. I wanted to get some practice in for an upcoming shoot.

C&C very much appreciated, as I'm not sure if I have pushed things too far, or not enough.

#1 I'm not sure if I have overdone the background a bit here, maybe a little too bright? :shrug: I also know her whiskers look a little odd here. But it's more the background and subject mix I'm concerned with :LOL: I fluffed the whiskers big time!

Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: 18-55mm Kit Lens
Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 28 mm
ISO Speed: 500

Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: 18-55mm Kit Lens
Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 28 mm
ISO Speed: 500

So which PP do you prefer, and why?

Thanks for looking (y)

Jo
xxx​

Last edited:
I absolutely love the pose in #1 (do find the background a bit bright though) but something bothered me about the picture as a whole,until I laid a grid of 1/3s over it and found that her beautiful eyes are right in the centre of the shot.Taking away a bit of the background moves her up in the frame and voila,much better on my eyes.
Even though I find the white a bit too bright I don't think that the greyer background works so well but can't quite put my finger on why.I am amazed though at your ability to get a 16 week old kitten to sit still long enough:clap:

Thanks Kia, all valid points. I think I need to find an in-between the two. When I composed 1 I actually did it from the tip of her ears like a pleb :LOL:

As for keeping her still, it was pretty easy. A stick with a bit of ribbon attatched keeps her mesmerised!

See, now I've done #2 again, and the bright white looks better on tis one. :thinking:

3064817117_c82a506808_o.jpg

:shrug:

Sounds a bit silly, Jo, but have you tried not sharpening so much. I wonder if she looked a bit soft and dreamy it might look better?

I dont mean a white dreamy cast across it... i just mean less contrast and sharpening.... a more natural look so it doesnt strike so harsh against the white?

PS I wanted her when you showed the litter didnt I!! Know I can see why!

Yeah I think I know what you mean Janice. I'll have another look later when I'm not so tired. I don't eve know if this is the way I'm going to go with the portraits yet, just trying a few different styles.

I think that brighter works better on #2.

She has the most beautiful eyes.:D

Back