AutoExpress - Used Car Honours 2006

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Thought the Honda Boys might like this

Best Hot Hatch - Honda Civic Type R

Overall winner from all the categories was the Honda Jazz.....never been in one, but they sound good as 2nd car.

The other category winners were :-

Best Super Mini - Honda Jazz
Best Small Car - Kia Picanto
Best Small Family Car - Honda Civic
Best Family Car - Mondeo
Best Compact MPV - VW Touran
Best Large MPV - Kia Sedona
Best Estate Car - Honda Accord Tourer
Best 4x4 - Volvo XC90
Best SUV - Nissan X-Trail
Best Compact Exec - BMW 3 Series
Best Exec car - Audi A6
Best Large Exec - Jaguar XJ
Best Roadster - Mazda MX5
Best Sports - Porsche 911
Best Coupe - Nissan 350Z
Best Cabriolet - Audi A4

Good result there for Honda. It's just a shame that they've dropped the HSC Supercar project, and are soon to be dropping the NSX and the Honda S2000 That only leaves the CTR to represent the performance end of the market.

They are supposed to be producing a new high performance coupe though. There's a real power struggle going on within Honda between the bean counters who just want to produce family cars, and the engineers who want to push the envelope a bit.

DJW said:
Overall winner from all the categories was the Honda Jazz.....never been in one, but they sound good as 2nd car.

both my mum and my gran have honda jazz's (a 51 plate- bought new, and a 53 plate - second hand at 20k) and they are cracking cars, loads of boot space and really good flat floor when you put the rear seats down, reasonably spacious, easy to drive and good fuel economy. neither have had any problems with the cars and would recommend them to anyone.

didnt expect my focus to get anything, still cracking cars however

i just bought a mondeo on an '03 plate' (TDCi version) and i have to say, it's a cracking car, the TDCi lump is great, and the fuel economy is very good too :) Nice to see it won best family car coz it's deserved.

wez130 said:
i just bought a mondeo on an '03 plate' (TDCi version) and i have to say, it's a cracking car, the TDCi lump is great, and the fuel economy is very good too :) Nice to see it won best family car coz it's deserved.

the TDCi is a cracker when its working well, though stalling when cold can be an issue :banghead: really MUST book that....:doh:

Well I went for another test drive with the Civic Type R on Friday, looking to to replace my S2000, but I just couldn't do it in the end. So, had a long and hard look at the finances and we're gonna keep the S for another year. Yay!!!!
:D

SammyC said:
Well I went for another test drive with the Civic Type R on Friday, looking to to replace my S2000, but I just couldn't do it in the end. So, had a long and hard look at the finances and we're gonna keep the S for another year. Yay!!!!
:D

Good on ya matey....you know it makes sense ;)

Just been out to wax and polish it, dazzling in the sun now! :D

Hatchbacks are for winter, the S2k is a great spring and summer car.....get the roof off and have a blast...you'll not think of a tintop again till november :D

There are times when I wish I'd bought an S2k instead of my hairdresser mobile.

Matty......:suspect1:

Back