Autumn colours

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm interested in taking a few trips to photograph autumn colours over the next few weeks.
I'm also quite aware that the colours of the trees in my west London back garden do not necessarily reflect the appearance of the trees in a countryside location.
There are a few locations I'm interested in, but I don't want to make a journey of a couple of hours, only to find the colours are not what I was hoping for.

Does anyone know of a reliable way to find out what the appearance of the trees in different locations is likely to be?
A few of the places I'm specifically interested in include Winkworth Arboretum, near Guilford, Surrey, Westonbirt Arboretum in Gloucestershire and Stourhead gardens in Wiltshire.
I notice that Winkworth Arboretum has a Facebook page, on which they claim to post up to date photos, but does anyone know if this is reliable?
Sometimes there is a window of only a few days to catch things at their best.

Does anyone know of any other regularly updated sites that can help?

search flickr for specific dates. That's a very good indication what WAS a few days ago (some rain and it's all gone!). I'll guess the second half of October is usually best, so you may just pick a couple dates.

Back