Autumn Heather

raythefab

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
A hill in the Ribble Valley

The_Hill.jpg

Thank you sakura, with the silence im getting on this forum, it is disheartening im a novice maybe im in the wrong place here...Ray

Thank you sakura, with the silence im getting on this forum, it is disheartening im a novice maybe im in the wrong place here...Ray

Sometimes people dont say anything, and it is disheartening. I do quite like the shot, but i personally feels it lacks something. and im not sure what that something is.
Im a novice too...and I know what its like when no-one gives you feedback on your photos. Keep trying, dont give up! :)
and dont always listen to me, cos 9 / 10 times i dont know what im talking about :D

dont worry about it mate, the same happens to me too, and i've been a member forever (i'm just crap).:D
I actually like this photo very much, and would love to take the wife to see it, but tis just too far to go there and back in a day.
Love the way you have a dark sky and the burst of sunlight across the heather is great, makes for a lovely picture, well done..
chin up ;)

Ray - Just a thought, but sometimes it helps just to give a quick description of what you were trying to achieve by the shot, so the viewers have an idea of the type of shot you were trying to portray...

For example - Would it be better to lead the eye in to the shot, or do you think the beautiful cloud helps set the scene more ?

Ray, Im sorry you feel disheartened by what you consider a lack of responses to your image.
Believe me, it happens to us all now the forum is getting so big.

To be fair though, commenting is a two-way street ... and I dont mean in a 'you comment on my pic & I'll comment on yours' kind of way.
But it does help keep the forum ticking along if you take the time to comment on other people's images too.

Try clicking on 'unanswered posts' occassionally, as there can be found the images that sometimes slip through the net, and Im sure those people would appreciate a comment too ... we all do.
Hope you see where Im coming from. :)

With regard to your image, while I think you have captured the lighting beautifully, the shot lacks a focal point, and I find my eye just keeps on wondering around looking for somewhere to rest.
Hth in some way.

Ray - Just a thought, but sometimes it helps just to give a quick description of what you were trying to achieve by the shot, so the viewers have an idea of the type of shot you were trying to portray...

For example - Would it be better to lead the eye in to the shot, or do you think the beautiful cloud helps set the scene more ?
Well to be honest i thought it was the whole hill, haha ill get there eventually thank's ...Ray

Ray, Im sorry you feel disheartened by what you consider a lack of responses to your image.
Believe me, it happens to us all now the forum is getting so big.

To be fair though, commenting is a two-way street ... and I dont mean in a 'you comment on my pic & I'll comment on yours' kind of way.
But it does help keep the forum ticking along if you take the time to comment on other people's images too.

Try clicking on 'unanswered posts' occassionally, as there can be found the images that sometimes slip through the net, and Im sure those people would appreciate a comment too ... we all do.
Hope you see where Im coming from. :)

With regard to your image, while I think you have captured the lighting beautifully, the shot lacks a focal point, and I find my eye just keeps on wondering around looking for somewhere to rest.
Hth in some way.
OK point taken ill take a look at that link thank you...Ray

Back