Autumn wedding in Leominster...

• Thread starter englandshottest2
  • Start date
E

englandshottest2

well, i've just uploaded one the last weddings i've done from this season (was in such a lovely church, but with the roof about to collapse as usual!)...thankfully not that cold either, considering the time of year. C&C welcome and appreciated :).

click here to view entire album. And finally on my soon to be fully launched new business branch name/site, "Envisage Wedding" (not finished with the site yet! lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the photos, looked through the whole lot as I have a wedding at 11 today last one of the year.

Had to turn the music off though done my head in lol.

Lovely photos however the flash gallery is VERY buggy on my PC. None of the photos load at all unless I watch from the beginning. I cannot click on thumbnails, it crashes the gallery and only a refresh sort it.

edit- also i think the secret is if one wants to manually click through the images, the pause button has to be pushed first lol :D, have to make a big note of that on there somewhere!
I wish there was a fool proof way of displaying images on one's website, in an attractive manner :D, i thought about lightbox, but thats a lottttttt of clicking required if one wants to view 40-50 image highlights from an album lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant stuff Alex. Just noticed the first 2 shoe pics have your signature mispelt as enviage without the "s". havent checked them all though! (y)

I still am wondering after looking at Dellipher's wedding pics too......... I try hard to expose correctly at weddings.. even for shots that turn out as black and white...but it seems some go into photoshop and block out the blacks and blow the whites to buggery afterwards?

Does this mean that you dont have to get your exposure right as you can tweak the s**t out of it later?

Last edited:
oops lol, thanks for that! and thanks for the feedback :D

That music is something else! :D :LOL:

Please dont get me wrong Alex... I really do love the pics. Just asking other wedding togs if they shoot with perfect exposure in mind these days or are a bit lax about it now as they intend to do these things afterwards. (y)

That music is something else! :D :LOL:

Please dont get me wrong Alex... I really do love the pics. Just asking other wedding togs if they shoot with perfect exposure in mind these days or are a bit lax about it now as they intend to do these things afterwards. (y)

Me again Janice !!!

Perfect exposure of what though?

There's a good (copied) theme that defines great Wedding photography...

Expression, Expression, Expression

Basically meaning, get the emotion right and everything else comes second. Ideally of course, get the exposure spot-on of those expressions and let the dress etc. take care of themselves; if that sometimes means blown bits of dresses or even an almost totally blown dress that's fine

However, it's also common to get it right at the time and then increase contrast for effect, which may well blow the dress a bit - and that's fine too

Good question btw - should be in the Business Forum too :)thinking::thinking::thinking: spooky:thinking::thinking::thinking:)

DD

well none of these were edited with anything other than vignettes or vintage film effects and some b&w conversions, so didnt touch the exposures in PS or LR :)

but agree if you haven't got time (which seems 99.9% of time one doesnt at weddings!) to quickly adjust the settings, by all means just snap the shot to capture that moment, then the magic of PS or LR can help there :). I notice that alot of the time wedding photos are very far from perfect, unless staged!

Really enjoyed viewing these a lot. The exposures and colours seem very good and all the photo's have a certain punch to them. May I ask if you use a flash on all of the shots? or excluded in the church?

thank you :), and no don't mind at all....in church no flash was permitted, thus why the church shots all have that candle-lightish ambience, shot with relatively high ISO (but not that high for the 5d lol), and the only time I used flash was at the receptiton (bounced flash that is), and a few when they were getting ready (bounced again), but I like to try and get my b&w's without flash, and just high ISO to compensate, as b&w I think looks far better this way with the natural contrasts comming in, etc. no flash for the outdoor shoots, except maybe 2-3 when they were under the church arches and it was very cloudy!

Very nice story being told there with the line of piccys. Lovely shots with bags of impact.

Had to turn the music off though :p

thank you :D - d'oh!!! what's up with nobody liking La Vie en Rose?! :D

here's another one if anybody dares to view :p (weekend just before the Leominster one), nothing but a bunch of red-faced cider drinkers! lol, reception held at an old cider mill - the aroma OMG!! was to die for (lovely!). these are just the highlights from the day (40 or so images)- warning: yes there's bl**dy music hehe, same track i think!

click me

Back