Wild Autumnal Jay

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Well done on getting it, I rarely see them and haven't got a photo yet ... 1st looks a little warm but can't see exif to tell when taken :)

Well done on getting it, I rarely see them and haven't got a photo yet ... 1st looks a little warm but can't see exif to tell when taken :)

Cheers gramps. Yeh, I set the WB to shade and left it there to (at least I thought so) compliment the Autumn colours and no tweeks to it in PP. It's a fairly close representation of how the light was in that place at the time which I was trying to capture albeit it was actually bloody Baltic where I was sitting for two hours.:)

Very nice. Balgavies???

Was trying to get one of these chappies yesterday, but without the benefit of a hide, it proved fruitless.

Very nice. Balgavies???

Was trying to get one of these chappies yesterday, but without the benefit of a hide, it proved fruitless.

Aye, Balgavies. It only appeared twice for a few seconds in the 2 hours I was there.

I like the warm tones in the shots, but surprise, surprise, I don't like the nails. You probably don't either. A few years ago, in the same place, I got a jay there on a post without the nails. Only half decent shot I've managed with these buggers as they are so flighty.

Yeh, I could have cloned them but at the end of the day it landed on a man made post, it is what it is.;)

lovely bird and as always well presented ......... but as indicated it's maybe Canon warm ...... just what you get used to ..... and a man made post,but they are quite inquisitive birds when they want to be, and will come in close

Back