Avoid Martins Camera shop

lukewoodford

FYI, I am Luke Woodford.....by Luke Woodford
Name
Luke Woodford
Edit My Images
No
I forgot to do this,

A while ago I ordered the Nikon 24mm 2.8, no where on the page did it say out of stock. After a few days of the lens not coming I contacted them and said where is it. They said they are waiting for a delivery. I cheked my bank and the money had come out the day I ordered which is rediculous (their excuse for this was to avoid time wasters, pathetic excuse, I cant imagine people placing an order for things they think are in stock and not really want them). I asked for a refund straight away, wait a week, no refund. I contacted them and they said the money had been refunded into someone elses bank!! I finally got sent a cheque through the post so...

1- They lead you to believe things are in stock when they aren't.

2- They take your money straight away even if its not in stock.

3- Money get refunded into wrong account.

thanks for warning, sounds like you had a hard time.

Martin's Camera Shop is actually just the spare room in the guy's house. Google Map the addy and you'll see what I mean.....

Martin's Camera Shop is actually just the spare room in the guy's house. Google Map the addy and you'll see what I mean.....

Shocking, I only used them because it was the cheapest on camer price buster. Everything happens for a reason though, I happy with my Tamron :)

Shocking, I only used them because it was the cheapest on camer price buster. Everything happens for a reason though, I happy with my Tamron :)

I checked them out when cpb listed them as the cheapest for the 300mm f/4. A bit of due diligence and 5 minutes on Google can avoid many an expensive mistake...

Sad that you had to go through that, and thanks for the warning.

May I suggest that you contact CameraPriceBuster and tell them of what has happened. They may be pulled off their listing :shrug:.

I have a feeling that CameraPriceBuster are very reputable and take their site very seriously; a while back I noticed they had a huge error with the pricing of a Nikon D700 kitted with a 24-70 lens, I emailed them and the issue was rectified immediately, and had sent me an email to thank me, and apologise for the error.

Sad that you had to go through that, and thanks for the warning.

May I suggest that you contact CameraPriceBuster and tell them of what has happened. They may be pulled off their listing :shrug:.

I have a feeling that CameraPriceBuster are very reputable and take their site very seriously; a while back I noticed they had a huge error with the pricing of a Nikon D700 kitted with a 24-70 lens, I emailed them and the issue was rectified immediately, and had sent me an email to thank me, and apologise for the error.

Sounds like a plan. One quick question though? Do companies take money out your bank even if an item is out of stock? Ive never had it happen but they seem to think its normal.

I would say that it is unusual to say the least.

I think they are allowed to do it if they can state a date when they will get stock, it becomes a little more of an issue if they do not know when they are getting more stock....

It's quite possible that the 'backroom' shops use your money to buy from their supplier on the assumption that there will be stock. It all goes pants when they find that their supplier hasn't any left

Then the money has to shuffle back up the chain (as slow as possible to earn them interest ;))

I think they are allowed to do it if they can state a date when they will get stock, it becomes a little more of an issue if they do not know when they are getting more stock....

Yep didnt even say they were out of stock in the first place.

It's quite possible that the 'backroom' shops use your money to buy from their supplier on the assumption that there will be stock. It all goes pants when they find that their supplier hasn't any left

Then the money has to shuffle back up the chain (as slow as possible to earn them interest ;))

That sounds spot on, Id bet money thats what they did. Also another timg I forgot to mention, when they said the money had been refunded they said they would send me proof from their merchants account later on- never happened, they were biding time me thinks!

It's common practice nowadays - if you pay a cash deposit at our local car auction, but it is only an offer bid and the seller refuses the offer ,then the auction no longer give you your cash back. What they do now is issue a cheque to you 5 days later, which then takes 3 days to clear, so they get the interest on your money for a week.

It's common practice nowadays - if you pay a cash deposit at our local car auction, but it is only an offer bid and the seller refuses the offer ,then the auction no longer give you your cash back. What they do now is issue a cheque to you 5 days later, which then takes 3 days to clear, so they get the interest on your money for a week.

Many many years ago, back in the days of Radio Rentals (anyone remember them?), I paid them cash for an item which proved faulty. They declined to refund cash, stating a 6 week refund period by cheque from head office. Suffice to say, me protesting outside their (normally busy) empty shop for an hour one Saturday morning was enough to change their mind. :D

Those were the days... (sigh) ;)

Many many years ago, back in the days of Radio Rentals (anyone remember them?), I paid them cash for an item which proved faulty. They declined to refund cash, stating a 6 week refund period by cheque from head office. Suffice to say, me protesting outside their (normally busy) empty shop for an hour one Saturday morning was enough to change their mind. :D

Those were the days... (sigh) ;)

Ah Radio Rentals, that takes me back. I got my first brick.......er......mobile phone from them. :D

i remember ranting and raving at radio rentals as they wouldnt come out and repair the tv and video i had form them back in 1984, after much huffing and chuffing they agreed came out repaired the package and then informed me that i actually rented from Granada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and gave me a bill

i remember ranting and raving at radio rentals as they wouldnt come out and repair the tv and video i had form them back in 1984, after much huffing and chuffing they agreed came out repaired the package and then informed me that i actually rented from Granada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and gave me a bill

:LOL::LOL::LOL: You couldn't make that up!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back