B&W 35mm scanning ...Wakefield W Yorks area

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
As some of you will be aware my stepdaughter is starting out with b&w film shooting and developing.

Until she starts her photography course later this year in Pontefract, she won't have access to a film scanner......can anyone recommend a lab in the Wakefield / Denby Dale areas ( Leeds and Dewsbury would be ok too I guess) that will scan 35mm onto a disc or USB key so she can then upload the shots onto her computer?

I just know you guys will come up trumps...you always do!!

CC imaging in leeds might do it, it's not listed on their website but its worth emailing them and asking what they will do :)

No labs in Wakefield apart from asda and boots (and they only do colour film 35mm) as far as i know at the moment. Might be worth a try asking at asda to see if they can scan black and white onto a disk because im pretty sure iv had colour process black and white scanned onto CD before which turned out alright.

No labs in Wakefield apart from asda and boots (and they only do colour film 35mm) as far as i know at the moment. Might be worth a try asking at asda to see if they can scan black and white onto a disk because im pretty sure iv had colour process black and white scanned onto CD before which turned out alright.

Thanks Josh!

I'd be surprised if Asda can't scan b&w given that they do colour ....wouldn't have thought it meant anything other than a slight change of setting on their scanner.

I'll get family in the Uk to check them out!

CC Imaging definitely can, iirc they've a rather nice Imacon scanner that'll cope with most stuff ;)

If she's completely stuck for the odd scan, I could always help out - only a few miles out of Wakey myself :)

CC Imaging definitely can, iirc they've a rather nice Imacon scanner that'll cope with most stuff ;)

If she's completely stuck for the odd scan, I could always help out - only a few miles out of Wakey myself :)

Aww how sweet are you Mark.........

I had an immediate response from CC Imaging and as you say, they can do the scans no prob.

ATM I'm not 100% sure how she will want to go on with getting scans.......she has yet to learn from me during the next week that she's out here on holiday, the dev skills and all what is involved in getting a positive.

Basically I'm putting feelers out so when she returns home she hopefully has several options.

No doubt she would be a very unhappy 16 year old if I haven't sorted a way of getting her work shared to her friends! lol

If your wanting to lose money fast!

'The Darkroom' in Cheltenham will retro-actively scan in complete negative sets for the same price as if you get them scanned when processed by them, a low resolution CD is £4.50 with a freepost address and free return postage:

http://www.the-darkroom.co.uk/frames/Ascan2010.html

Well there's plenty of options coming forward...thank you all!

£4.50 with the p&p included sounds reasonable.....having said that, when I've just seen a canoscan selling for £99 ( equivalent of having 22 films scanned!) in a large UK electrical outlet , it makes one wonder what is best value for money ....all depends how much shooting she plans on doing I suppose.
Shame her course doesn't start until september as I presume the college will let her use the facilities there to scan her own work.

Back