B + W Filters

Name
David Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone used them or know much about them? I'm after getting a couple of decent UV filters to go on the new L Glass and have noticed good prices for them on US ebay site. THere seems to be quite a few different models so anyone with specific recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers (y)

anyone??

I use B+W UV filters on my lenses and think they are very good, I also have a B+W 77mm kaesemann MRC SLIM Circular Polarizer Filter, which is OK but I don't think it's worth the extra money over say a Hoya Pro.

What ever you get make sure it's MRC (Multi-Resistant Coating)

B+W have a good name, no reason why you shouldn't use them. Hoya make an optically neutral filter which may be better though, as it's name suggests it has no effect on the image at all (UV and Skylight filters each affect the image slightly) and so is great for lens protection.

thank you! Steep, do you think the hoya is better than the B + W then?

I've never owned or even handled a B+W filter so I really don't know, on the other hand the Hoya Pro range are very good.

I have a B+W and a Hoya pro1 both 77mm and just for protection on seperate lenses. To be honest I can't tell the difference so if it's down to money the Hoya would win. Sorry can't be more help.

I use a 77mm B+W 10 stop ND, and also own a 77mm B+W slim MRC CPL which doesn't get much use now since changing to a 105mm Heliopan CPL

Good filters, expensive but would recommend them highly.

If your B + W CPL isn't getting used, does that mean you might want to let it go? I am thinking of getting a polariser for my Sigma 10-20mm (77mm)...mail me if you want to talk.
Martin

Cheers for the PM Martin, sent you one back

Not looking to sell right now as I'll be using it occasionally by stacking it with the 10stop ND

Back