B&W Lion

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot at the safari park back in April, we visited as late as poss to try and get the best light to shoot with... the rangers car was behind us at this point trying to force us through the park quicker I shot this through the window of the car and grabbed this shot.

4675883981_028e9d8bd7_o.jpg

What a fab shot, I really like that and the b+w conversoin works well in my opinion.

great capture and black and white works well with big cats i find.

Works a treat, these Cats look great in mono.

i was impressed with this on your flickr, does work very well pipe

Shot at the safari park back in April, we visited as late as poss to try and get the best light to shoot with... the rangers car was behind us at this point trying to force us through the park quicker I shot this through the window of the car and grabbed this shot.

Great pic (y)!

Good point that you make about getting the best light :thinking:. It strikes me that zoo/safari park opening hours are designed to suit everyone apart from photographers and possibly even the animals themselves :p!

Oooh thats special! great shot!

Excellent composition and a fab black+white conversion too!

(y)(y) that deserves a double thumbs up! :D

Great pic (y)!

Good point that you make about getting the best light :thinking:. It strikes me that zoo/safari park opening hours are designed to suit everyone apart from photographers and possibly even the animals themselves :p!

This seems to very much be the case shooting animals in stark sunshine etc is never a great plan and all those great shots at sunrise/set youve ever seen then seem only recreatable if you can stump up the cash for a safari etc... however pick you time of year when the sun sets earlier and get an unexpected warm spell (late april) and get last entry to the safari park and you can get a few decent snaps for allot less than a safari!
only downside was they were putting animals away for the day so we missed some opportunities... again as you point out this suits them and not togs but most animals hunt in low light and i feel this is taken away from them.

Back