Name
Les
Edit My Images
Yes
From the recent Otley Black Sheep Folk Festival

Larger image link under image.

IMG_3609s.jpg

http://www.lesmclean.co.uk/MD/IMG_3609.jpg

I think this is a great image, a man with lots of emotions in his face. It's my view that the person involved wouldn't see all the good stuff you've captured, they just see the things they don't like about themselves magnified n times. Strange things people, but excellent image.

Excellent, god I love your portraits, you seem to capture tons of emotion and character and I don't know what if any processing you do but it produces some stunning stuff. (y):clap::clap:(y)

Andy

Detail, clarity, processing and composition are all fantastic and the face itself is so full of character and emotion!

Top stuff!

I like that alot Les (y)

Was it sharpened at all?

Tony

Fabulous, every bristle and pore is sharp as a pin which suits this image so well. Top stuff! :notworthy:

realy love this shot such good detail! was it sharpend? what lens were u using?

Yes I sharpened the image-using USM

I processed the image slightly different to normal,B&W conversion in PS, to bring out the skin textures, I used the high-pass filter (on a duplicate layer), then blended the layers with 'hard light'

Method:

In PS-first make a duplicate layer .............layer-duplicate layer

Then filters-other-high pass, radius variable (5 pixels in this instance), then blend the layers with hard light ..............layer-layer style-blending options and chose hard light at 100% opacity

Then flatten layers.............layer-flatten image

A great portrait, and thanks for putting in how you processed - learners like me need to be told in simple terms - thanks for taking the trouble to explain Les !

...and thanks for putting in how you processed...

Yes, thanks from me too. I'd not tried that before. I've just tried it on one of my images using a smart filter for the High Pass so I could instantly compare the effect of changing the pixel radius... really intereting and very effective! Thanks! (y)

Back