B&W Puffin (colour versions added)

Name
John Moncrieff
Edit My Images
Yes
1/
Thought I'd try something a bit different with the first shot..
_JJM8781b.jpg

1b/
Colour one I tried previously
_JJM8781colour.jpg

1c/
Original pic, no PP, just a sharpen after resizing
_JJM8781original.jpg

2/
Almost the shot I had been trying for all summer.. The pose was perfect, but it's a bit OOF, bit of a crop and the light was on it's back:crying:
_JJM8790.jpg

3/
Gusty Gannet
_JJM8607.jpg

4/
Shielding the kids from pesky photographers!
_JJM8400.jpg

Ta for looking..
John

Last edited:
Nice set John but I don't know that No.1 does the bill justice really as it so colourful. Super close-up though

Nice set John but I don't know that No.1 does the bill justice really as it so colourful. Super close-up though

Thanks, I got the eyes very OOF in the first one so thought I'd try something to rescue his bill. I might post the original colour version later..

Cheers,
John:)

Now I love the first one, its almost an abstract and its so sharp and detailed. The gannets great as well.

Andy

Lovely set of pics. Not sure #1 works for me in black & white to be honest, would like to see the colour version to compare. Love the perspective of #2. (y)

Great collection of shots - really like the Puffin coming into land and nothing wrong at this resolution whatsoever.

- was puzzled as to what photo 1 was at first and cheated by reading the later posts -would like to see the colour version of this too.

Thanks for sharing

Cracking shots.

I was sceptical when i read puffin in B&W but i actually really like it.

I think converting it to b&w draws the attention more to the detail on the beak rather than just the colours.. I like it a lot. (y)

I love number one, the detail is superb, taken at 500mm as well ! Has this been cropped ?

I love number one, the detail is superb, taken at 500mm as well ! Has this been cropped ?

Thanks, It has been cropped - eyes were out of focus but the bill came out good so I tried to do something with that.

Sorry for late update (work work work)

Here's the original pic and a couple of edits..

Original pic, no PP, just a sharpen after resizing
_JJM8781original.jpg

B&W
_JJM8781b.jpg

Colour one I tried previously.
_JJM8781colour.jpg

Cheers,
John

Back