B&W slide film

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I've seen Silverprint has some Rollei Slide film in their sale section for £2.42 a roll of 35mm. Is this film available in 120 format and if so where? What other kind of B&W slide are available and how is it processed?

Also, a quick question on cross processing... I have a roll of Superia but am loath to get it processed in a shop (C-41) if I can have a go at some alternatives myself... I have E6 chemicals - what would happen if I had to process the roll in E6? Also, what would happen if I had to process the roll in B&W chemistry?

Me and Joxby looked at B&W slide a while back. Foma make some but I don't think it's in 120 flavour. Apparantly you can turn any B&W film into slide but it's a real chemistry degree job to do it so it doesn't get done much. You could look out for some old AGFA Scala but be prepared to get mugged when you have it developed at about £15 a roll.

Thanks for the info.

I've also been on this site which describes different methods to do it yourself... The best ones seem to be XP2 in E6 chemistry (although the slides come out green in colour) and the other interesting one is to shoot on colour slide and then process in E6, but changing out the colour dev stage for a sepia toner.

I may give this last one a try - not keen on paying too much of course. I guess the only real reason for doing this is for viewing B&W slides in a projector, but this isn't something I'm interested in doing in the near future, I'm just curious :)

Nice one ifotou.

Expensive, but I guess that works out cheaper compared to the dr5 processing

Back