Baboon

S

Steve

Following on from the eagle picture we have a baboon..I just love the lighting on this one..

Same camera/lens/convertor combination
Aperture-Priority AE
1/250
F5.6
Metering Mode Partial
Exposure Compensation -2/3
ISO Speed 200
Focal Length 246.0 mm

IMG_0666.jpg

I like this one Steve, the highlighted colour is great against the dark background.

I would try to enhance his eye by bringing some of the detail back from the shadow.

Did you try using fill in flash for this shot?

Matt said:
I like this one Steve, the highlighted colour is great against the dark background.

I would try to enhance his eye by bringing some of the detail back from the shadow.

Did you try using fill in flash for this shot?

Cheers Matt, no flash used as it would have reflected off the glass that was between us, it was difficult enough trying to get a half decent shot as it was. I will attempt to recove some of the eye detail over the coming weeks but I just had to do a quick reduce for web and get it up as I really like the picture. :)

very nice shot again Steve, as Matt says, the eyes could do with being more vivid

Matt said:
This is a Mandrill, Baboons don't have the colourful snout. :wink:

Hey I pretend to be a photographer not a wildlife expert :wink:

Thanks for the correction :D

We're all trying to learn something.

I didn't know until last week. :D

I'd be proud of that shot. I like it a lot - it's stark and dramatic. I wouldn't worry too much about the eyes, I think you might struggle to pull any real detail back from that level of shadow.

That's beautiful, almost like a painting, lovely :)

Back