Back Up Compact Camera Going Cheap

Edit My Images
Yes
Just a heads up for anyone who's interested.

I've been admiring the Fuji compact cameras for awhile. The seem to work well at high ISO's, and have excellent battery life, so good to have in the pocket.:)

A friend of mine bought the F30 for £180'ish at Christmas, because it's replacement, the F31fd had been released. Well I was browsing for prices last week and found that the F31fd was being sold for around £130 online on this site Offer of the Day. :eek: Has it been replaced already? :eek: :LOL:

I did a bit more searching, and Tecno were selling it for £129, but if you put the code OOTD5 in when you order, you get an extra 5% off, bringing the total to £122.60 delivered.:eek: :eek: I couldn't resist.:) And although they said 5 working days for delivery, I ordered on Friday, and got it Monday.:D

Seeing the face detection system is mesmerizing. It amazes everyone I've shown it to. :LOL: Not foolproof, but it is fun, and can really be a help to focus on people.

I couldn't see them going much cheaper, or everyone having stocks for that long if they are selling them off so cheap.

I also tracked down a 2Gb xD for £23. :D

Sounds like a good deal and I hope that you enjoy it, BTW, in last months digital slr user mag, the face recognition utility was more likely to be termed mamary recognition, as it recognised them more times than it did faces...but I too love fuji and would forgive them this fault, if indeed it can be called a fault:)

shifted it into suppliers and bargain stuff, good find :)

Sorry, didn't realise I'd put it in the wrong section. :embarrassed:

I hope I can get into a situation to test out mammary recognition. ;) :LOL:

It is funny just pointing the camera at the TV, and seeing it recognise the faces. :)

They might have got wise now "Due to the low price of this camera no other discounts can be used in conjunction with it." in big red writing although quite far down the page.

Just ordered one for £118.65 including delivery. Use the link at the top of this thread for it.

Just ordered one for £118.65 including delivery. Use the link at the top of this thread for it.

I was walking the fine line between getting a bargain, and there being no stock left, looks like I could have left it a week or so longer. ;) :LOL:

Glad I got mine when I did, just in case the stock did suddenly disappear.:D

That's cheap for a 2Gb xD card Matt. I paid £23 for an 2Gb type H (the faster version) xD card. The link to Amzon doesn't specify which type of card you are buying, a type M or type H xD card. :shrug: It may or may not make any difference, but I'd read somewhere that the faster card was better for video. Whether that is true :shrug: (I don't know) ;) . £23 was the cheapest I could find for a 2Gb type H card at Valueshop.co.uk Their Memory Stick Pro Duo and MicroSD cards are cheap as well, as I bought a couple of those cards for mine and my brother's mobile phones last Friday.

I chose standard delivery like red did for delivery within 5 days (rather than pay the £3.95 extra for next day delivery). Its out for delivery this morning from city link.

Thats rather good service.

Back