Back-up software

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I store all my file on a different internal drive (z) to my programs (c) How I've been backing up z drive is by literally copying it to an external drive in a different folder to the previous backup. I copy everything in case of file changes, addition or deletion. The problem is it takes an age to do it. Is there any software that will just work out the differences between the two drives and apply those to the back up drive?

Last edited:
Thanks to advice on here, I bought Acronis True Image a couple of years ago. Apart from letting it do its back ups, I never needed it until last week when I had a Windows problem but everything came back seemingly as good as new when I had the latest Acronis back up restored.

I've set up a script using windows built-in Robocopy utility. Copies and compares directory structures based on last modification date/time. It's a command-line tool but I can help with setting it up if interested. This is NOT a backup tool. It does not store a history of backed up files but it does sync in a jiffy.

Are most people backing up to another local drive? Or are you making use of a cloud backup as offered by products such as Acronis?

Are most people backing up to another local drive? Or are you making use of a cloud backup as offered by products such as Acronis?
I backup to a couple of USB drives.

I backup to a NAS every night and to one of a series of removable HDDs every month.

Both!

Back