Back's Against the Wall !

Edit My Images
No
Deep breaths ... and ... go for it !

Do your damndest and no holds barred - said in the fullness of knowledge and understanding of today's no-holds barred thread !:woot:

Taken at St Mawes in Cornwall over the Christmas period ...
DSC_057200342005_12_26.jpg
:getmecoat

Thankx a lot for looking ... and commenting (I think !).:confused:

now thats better, (unlike the twigs and water one) straight no brainer, clear, simple and easy to look at, lovely photo.
stevannie

stevannie said:
now thats better, (unlike the twigs and water one) straight no brainer, clear, simple and easy to look at, lovely photo.
stevannie

Wah hey - thanks Stevannie ! Glad you like and love the twigs and water reference !:snap1:

No brainer sort of suits me after my first post performance !:banghead:

Enjoy 2006 ... best wishes to you and yours,

on first looks i like this shot,,,,,,,,

it however needs....something, a point of interest at the end of the sea wall possibly, otherwise it leads you into nothing,

but dont get me wrong, a good shot none the less

MyPix

ps...is the perp against the wall yours......if not, clone him/her out, lol

pps... i think i missed the point of the shot:nut:

Thanx MyPix,

it however needs....something

Point took - some of the others had a boat passing but lacked something else - none of them are perfect but hey ho !:hissyfit:

ps...is the perp against the wall yours......if not, clone him/her out, lol

'tis actually my wife - thought it gave some scale perspective.:confused-

Do not have any software yet to enable cloning ! Working up to elements though ...:smilenod:

pm sent....

top marks for thinking about the scale etc, but she needed to have slightly more impact on the image some how ,
maybe you can clone in a boat , just to experiment mind,

MyPix

Venomator said:
'tis actually my wife - thought it gave some scale perspective.:confused-
It would have been better if she was either acting naturally, or not in the shot at all. As it is, it looks like she's trying to get out of shot (and failing spectacularly) :)

MyPix said:
pm sent....

top marks for thinking about the scale etc, but she needed to have slightly more impact on the image some how ,
maybe you can clone in a boat , just to experiment mind,

MyPix

You mean like this ? (original though ... not cloned for reasons stated earlier !)

DSC_057500372005_12_26.jpg

crop it JUST above the lifeboi thingy and see how that looks

Assume you mean the boat and not the wife ??? Will give it a go later ... on my Jan 1 chores right now (while she showers though ...)

Howsa bout this Matty ...:confused-

DSC_057500372005_12_26_1.jpg

Although it looks remarkably like a crop of the original posting - except the RoT is almost obeyed ... should suit your approach to rules Matt ?:hissyfit:

Venomator said:
Howsa bout this Matty ...:confused-

DSC_057500372005_12_26_1.jpg

Although it looks remarkably like a crop of the original posting - except the RoT is almost obeyed ... should suit your approach to rules Matt ?:hissyfit:

hmm,
i think you have lost the way here slightly:ponders: ,
by this i mean you are trying to please someone elses perception of your picture,
at the end of the day it is yours to do with what you wish, all we can do is ' advise ' you on some technical issues, that lets face it arnt actually set in stone, some of the most sucessfull pictures break the standard rules....
and are accepted as such

if you like it, damn the rest of us and finish it how you wish,,, lol

saying this, lol....i like the final image better , it has more warmth , and better focal point, and has changed from a ' back aganst the wall ' picture, to a ' at last.....alone....' picture

MyPix:)

saying this, lol....i like the final image better , it has more warmth , and better focal point, and has changed from a ' back aganst the wall ' picture, to a ' at last.....alone....' picture

Have to say MyPix - I agree with everything you say ... but at the end of the day others may provide an angle one may not have thought of previously ! :banghead:

And in this case I do have to agree :doh: the final image suggested by Matty and commented on by you is far superior !:thumb:

The comment about RoT is a follow up jibe to Matt's PoV on another pic !:nunu:

Thanx for looking, and commenting !:ty:

see, sometimes in my warped little brain it all makes sense

can I just add that I like the version with the boat in :) You have perhaps made the file size too small which has caused those artefacts in the images?

Marianne said:
can I just add that I like the version with the boat in :) You have perhaps made the file size too small which has caused those artefacts in the images?

Thanx Marianne - I guess like them all ... in their own way ! But what do we post pics for if not to show them off and have them critiqued ... and then give some of the suggestions a go ?:smilenod:

Take your point about file size - having only just gotten to grips with the posting thing I am still struggling a bit with the sizing ... mostly the pics seem to resize themselves as they are uploaded ?:confused-

Venomator said:
Thanx Marianne - I guess like them all ... in their own way ! But what do we post pics for if not to show them off and have them critiqued ... and then give some of the suggestions a go ?:smilenod:

Take your point about file size - having only just gotten to grips with the posting thing I am still struggling a bit with the sizing ... mostly the pics seem to resize themselves as they are uploaded ?:confused-

you need to keep them to 600x and 160kb on the gallery, or it will eat them :thumb:

GfK said:
It would have been better if she was either acting naturally, or not in the shot at all. As it is, it looks like she's trying to get out of shot (and failing spectacularly) :)

As it happens she was soaking up the sun, and the warmth of the wall quite naturally and not at all posed (Jill hates being in my photographs !).:innocent:

But ... that said I believe know what you were trying to say GfK ! :smilenod:

you need to keep them to 600x and 160kb on the gallery, or it will eat them

Thanx Matty - already understood but the size thing in kb I am still getting to grips with. None of mine have been eaten in the gallery ... yet. But as Marianne says they are probably a little too small in kb terms ?:confused-

yeah you can pack a few more kb of detail in before we start breaking your image links...

Matty said:
yeah you can pack a few more kb of detail in before we start breaking your image links...

If only I could ... Is it possible to do this without re-loading the image from whence it came Matty ?:confused-

what you mean? if you mean can you change the picture on the forum, yes, just upload a different image with the same name to the place the one you want to change is and it will do it automatically?

or did i miss the question?

Matty said:
what you mean? if you mean can you change the picture on the forum, yes, just upload a different image with the same name to the place the one you want to change is and it will do it automatically?

or did i miss the question?

Nope that's cool Matty - you got it spot on !:thumb:

But you could tell me why signatures appear to be disappearing ? If that ain't a contradiction ...

no probs!

yes, i COULD tell you ;)

Matty said:
no probs!

yes, i COULD tell you ;)

BUT ... that's a whole nuvva thread right ... :innocent:

Just checking what happens after an edit - 'cos the sig was not there initially ...

Nah ... it still isn't on this thread - but it does on the other !

Third edit and it shows ... Hmmm !

Back