Backyard light trail

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm still experimenting with this technique hence the rather mundane location.

This is only 90 frames long - meant to go longer but some clouds suddenly appeared and brought a premature end to shooting. Light pollution is pretty obtrusive too, but it's the first of my light trail attempts that I'd consider came out 'ok'.

15-feb.jpg

I'd say it's come out very good (y) as you've said the location is a bit on the pants side :LOL: but the important things are there, you've got nice trails and although the foreground interest is not interesting it is in focus which to me is one of the most important aspects of stat trails (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

ace, good fun these, you no what i would do thou i would make this image smaller as it looks better if you view the original image size, so i would make it the max that these forums show up, if you get me, im not sure what it is thou

ace, good fun these, you no what i would do thou i would make this image smaller as it looks better if you view the original image size, so i would make it the max that these forums show up, if you get me, im not sure what it is thou

The max size permissible on TP is 1024px on the longest edge (y)

Thanks for the comments.
Now I'm confident that it's worth travelling out to a better location, next time the weather is right, the moon is out of the way, and I have the opportunity.

As for the size, I deliberately shrunk it down a bit hoping that it wouldn't need clicking to enlarge - obviously that didn't work.
I made it 960 px - I know 1024 is the maximum size for the forum, but what is the optimum?

Back