Badgers

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Not posted images in this section for a while due to going more "people" orientated but was lucky enough recently to get really close to some badgers & here are two of the resulting images. Black & white (no pun intended) as it suited the images much better.

C&C welcome & appreciated as usual (y)

Badger_01.jpg

Badger_02.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

Great stuff.(y)

Great stuff.(y)

Cheers mate (y)

Wow!
1st shot is my fave, never seen one in the flesh, let alone up close.
These are really lovely, Mike (y)

Thanks Glo :) they were really really close!! The 1st was shot at 148mm & the second at 32mm, neither are cropped.

Was a very uplifting experience seeing them so close & not an opportunity I think I'll ever have again.

Mike,

Lovely shots.......

A question if you don't mind. We get badgers in the garden here but I've always been wary of trying to snap them using flash in case they fled never to return. Are yours "tame" or simply not bothered by the flash. I'd hate to chase ours away and never see them again...the same with the foxes although they are a little more streetwise.

Bob

Janice,

Thanks for the advice, I'll maybe get brave and give it a try.
Our badgers appear about 2.00am so I don't see them too often but know from wideawake nights (like now just returned from NZ) that they are probably nightly visitors. Thanks too for the links.

Bob

:) great shots and what an experience!..Badgers are lovely animals and your pics do them justice.

Bob, I didn't find that they were bothered by the flash at all but I don't profess to be an expert so it may be different depending on your badgers confidence levels.
I'd follow Janice's advice & give it a go to see what happens (y)

Cheers for the feedback Bob, Janice, Yvonne & Stuart (y)

The first shot is great

Not jealous at all! ;)

Lovely shots mate.

The only time I ever saw a badger was pigeon shooting one time. I was sitting in a hedgerow - one of those where the lower part of the hedge had formed a low tunnel all along the bottom of the hedge. It ws broad daylight and I suddenly heard this crashing and banging sound of something moving along inside the hedgerow towards me - and something quite big!

I was absolutely frozen to the spot, sitting there with my ticker going like a sledgehammer trying to imagine what it was. Eventually a huge male badger surfaced about three feet from me and we just looked at each for about ten seconds, before he turned around and went crashing back the way he'd come. :D

Great stuff Mike, first is a belter. Only seen one in the wild, sadly see plenty dead by the roadside.

Very nice Mike :clap: I also like number one best (y)

Very nice Mike :clap: I also like number one best (y)
Agree with that :)

Only time I see them nowadays is flat at the side of the road, crying shame :(

You are such a lucky person to be able to get so close to these guys. Love the shots, like the first one the best.

Back