Baitings Reservoir, South Pennine Moors

Edit My Images
Yes
Baitings reservoir, South Pennines showing the original road over the river before the dam was built in 1956

Last time it was this low in 1989, it turned up the body of a car dealer from the Manchester area. He'd been shot and dump in the res a year earlier, no one was ever prosecuted in connection with the shooting.

This time nothing as gruesome but part of the res was cordoned off over the weekend after the discovery of a grenade!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

Wow it really is dry, I bet not many people have caught that before ! Thanks for sharing.

Saw that in the news a few days ago. I was hoping that the level in Llyn Tryweryn would've dropped so far to reveal the old bridge going through Capel Celyn, but unfortunately not....

As pictures I like No.2 and No.4 best. It looks to be an interesting place and maybe it'd be nice to see it again on a different day.

Well taken Phil :D

It looks to be an interesting place and maybe it'd be nice to see it again on a different day.

Thought I'd go back with the drone today............not the best idea I've ever had :facepalm: :oops: :$

Fortunately no serious damage, just chipped a blade, I will be going back to try again ...:LOL:

Edit- no idea why video won't play, any help appreciated, cheers

2nd Edit, fine when viewed on youtube :thinking:

Last edited:
Back