Bald Eagle 1024 v 800

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
After reading about the bigger file size allowances on TPF I thought I'd check out the difference so here goes ...

800 (old size)

bald_eagle_800.jpg

1024 (new "super" size)

bald_eagle_1024.jpg

I'm impressed (y) - Wish I had a decent landscape profile pic to post :bonk: Paul ;)

:clap: :clap:

Veeeery nice PaulBoy ... but you could have cloned out his dandruff ;)

Thats pretty damned good at what ever size (y)

Glo, the "dandruff" is a light covering they get after a sucessful and "clean moult" its an inner covering of the feather shafts that is pushed out by the feathers,
boring I know :D but one sign of a healthy bird

He may be bigger but he still does not look pleased to see you :)

Thats pretty damned good at what ever size (y)

Glo, the "dandruff" is a light covering they get after a sucessful and "clean moult" its an inner covering of the feather shafts that is pushed out by the feathers,
boring I know :D but one sign of a healthy bird

Chris - Your knowledge knows no bounds :clap: - It is a very healthy bird as when I took this shot it had just been part of a flying display where they released two baldies a mile & a half away & we watched them flying in to the handlers! Pretty spectacular stuff & as the guy who does the display commentaries mentioned some American driving to Stonehenge on the A303 would have cr@pped himself when a couple of bald eagles swooped overhead :LOL:
Paul ;)
PS - Thanks for the nice comments every1 :confused:

Why do they call it a bald eagle? It has more hair than my grandad.

Why do they call it a bald eagle? It has more hair than my grandad.

This sea eagle gets both its common and scientific names from the distinctive appearance of the adult's head. Bald in the English name is derived from the word piebald, and refers to the white head and tail feathers and their contrast with the darker body.

Incidentally when the USA was deciding on the Bald Eagle as its national emblem it only just won in favour of the TURKEY :LOL:

Paul ;)

Haha, Oh dear. I don't quite think the turkey has as much personality about it, do you? :p The bald eagle is quite intimidating, Which is pretty much the opposite of the country it represents :LOL:

Excellent shot of a stunning bird, I think the 1024 just gives a bit more "WOW" factor.
That bird looks real mean.

Fantastic shot and much more detail (as expected) with the larger file size.(y)

Back