Bamboo

Edit My Images
Yes
Everyone's plant and abstract pictures inspired me to try this....

bamboocropped3.jpg

thats pretty good! Works well for me, good DOF

would have made a good entry for this months competition!

Good shot, nicely exposed and the composition is excellent.

I think it could do with just a slight tad more sharpening and saturation though.

I have to disagree with the above, its not doing it for me :(

The problem is the crop/framing, there is no one part with all of the bamboo in frame and I am left with me quickly scanning over the shot to look for a focal point. Obviously the nearest section of the bamboo is in focus but when I follow that my eyes are very quickly led out of the bottom of the frame. If that had stayed in the picture then it would have probably been more to my liking.
Obviously others have a different opinion though, so don't take my comments to hard, you can please some of the people some of the time... ;)

I like the shot, lucky bamboo i think has to be hard to shoot, i have some and cannot find a reasonable composition for it.

Thanks everyone. It took ages to find a crop that I thought worked. Steve, I tried having most of it in frame but it just didn't seem to have as much impact or interest as the crop I endied up with.

Anyway, most people seem to like it so I'll consider it a success :)

I would agree that the majority seem to like it, if you like it though then it should be seen as a success. :)

It could be that it's almost an abstract and the regulars here will tell you all about my ongoing battle there ;)

I really want to get out and about to take some pics, but it's dark when I start work and dark when I finish. I only have my kit lens at the moment and my UV and ND filters haven't arrived yet.
I'm on my dinner hour now and I brought my camera just in case, but it's really dark outside and I haven't brought my tripod.

Looks like I'll have to stay in and take photos of mundane objects for a little while longer lol.

I'm with Steve on this one. There is a nice abstract in there though, I think I'd go for this type of shot

bamboocropped3.jpg

Back