Bamburgh Castle

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm heading out tomorrow morning to the Farne Islands from Seahouses and was thinking along the way I could take in a few shots of Bamburgh Castle. I won't have much time, maybe an hour or so around 6am. The issue is that never being there before I need directions on where to park etc to save me time trying to locate a nice area to take images from. Anyone able to help with detailed directions or even a postcode where I can park the car. Thanks.

You can park at the castle itself, IIRC Mark.

Ade, I'm looking for distant shots of the castle from along the beach area so that the castle is small in the frame.Might be able to leave earlier so I can get sunrise type images.
Ah, been a while since I went. So will leave it to people more local.

Ps....check out the midge jacket linked in your pine marten shot, they are good bit of kit for the western side.

Last edited:
There's a little bit of parking where I've dropped the pin Mark (you can just about see the row of cars). Then it's just a case of walking onto the beach and that's yer classic view right there:

View attachment 40706

As per my screensaver :)

View attachment 40707

Ps - It's always lended itself well to sunrise for me just due to the position of the sun.

Last edited:
Back