bank log in probs

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
any one know how i log in to my bank accont using safari it just keeps saying cant open this page:bang:

Have a word with your Bank, sure they will be able to help you.

had no probs with ie8 so might change back and save the hassle just thought i might be doing something wrong(y)

What bank?
Is it Safari on a mac?

All I can tell you is that I can log on to LloydsTSB, Barclays and HSBC no problems.

Some banks configure their software to ONLY work with Internet Explorer. They say it's because other browsers aren't as secure - there are loopholes in codes somewhere which could be attacked and your details taken (so they say). That's probably why. My bank is one - Alliance & Leicester won't work in Firefox - it'll only open in IE on a PC.

ok thanks for your help guys looks like i have to switch back :thumbsdown:

Tell you what - post your account number, password and security log in details on here - and I'll see if I can log in for you ;):D:bonk:(y)

Then I can borrow a few pounds until payday :)

Tell you what - post your account number, password and security log in details on here - and I'll see if I can log in for you ;):D:bonk:(y)

Then I can borrow a few pounds until payday :)

wondered how long it would be before someone asked that one its bank of england threadneedle st london but theres no money in there ha ha (y)

You need to activate the Develop drop down menu then use the Agent tool to make the remote site think you are using a different browser. This is what I had to do with natwest online banking until recently. It appears they now accept connections from safari.

I can't remember how you set up the Develop drop down menu and I'm now out on my mobile. Paying a fortune for four run-flats. It's somewhere in Prefs. Have a google if you can't find it.

ive just read that ie8 and safari conflict with each other should i remove ie8 to help. 2blue4u i cant find the develope drop down but ive seen it before so its hiding some where :bonk:

is there any reason why i can,t have a desktop shortcut to both ie8/safari

Use your new Develop menu. Click on User Agent and select one of the IE browsers.

tried that used ie8 still the same response page not available EDIT sorry it says safari can,t open this page

(y)
shouldnt be..

sorry neil got confused (very easy) thought you meant the connection .i now have a shortcut to both ie8 and safari on my desk top just use safari for daily use and ie8 for banking

Use your new Develop menu. Click on User Agent and select one of the IE browsers.

should i select ie8 or safari at the moment i have tried both and neither of them will open the log in page, works fine when i change browser to ie8 but i prefer safari:bang:

back in a mo got to walk the dog(y)

i,m back dogs knackered so am i ha ha

Back