Bargain Benbo

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Been looking for a benbo trekker at a sensible price for a while now and managed to pick one up at auction last night. Comes complete with the Slik 2100 pistol grip, not a bad deal at just over £60 :)

Not the sturdiest of tripods for long lenses, nor the most fashionable because of the unusual design, but should be a good setup for macro shots and landscape stuff, which is what it's for.

I've got a full sized Benbo and it's heavy, but it's probably the most adaptable tripod you can get.

damn it, the bolt has been partially stripped :( Was described as working perfectly. The head's good though so still not a bad deal.

I'll take the bolt into the local college and see if I can get a new one made.

Edit: Result :) After a bit of searching it turns out these are manufactured by Paterson Photographic. Quick call this morning and a new bolt is on it's way for the grand sum of £11.50 plus £1.50 postage.

When I first started reading the last post I thought it was going to end on a bad note, thankfully it seems that you have ended up with a good deal. :)

Looks like it Steve, I can't find the head for anything less than £100, same with the tripod, but admittedly I haven't looked that hard. The first impressions are pretty good as far as versatility are concerned, should be ideal for macro work.

I can say that your macro work has given me much enjoyment, so I can only assume it has given you even more pleasure and satifaction as you did all the work. If the new Benbo makes that easier or gives you even better results then thats all you can ask for. :)

Back