Barn Owl hunting nr busy A15

Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
Saw this Barn Owl hunting near the road and had to try and get some shots of it, in my rush i had my BIF settings set but had it on AF-S and not AF-C :bang: Managed to get these, i'm going to try and have another go later.

No1 is just wonderful - the foreground detail and splash of colour from the poppies, together with the great light and spacial effect really make this shot. Even the pylons don't detract from it, it's a great environmental shot and really well captured. :clap:

#1 makes my day. I can not explaine what it is but a great shot
thanks

Nicely spotted and taken.
thanks

Is that a ring i see in 3 on right leg?
yes i think it's maybe a conservation type ring, this bird is totally wild :)

Well spotted and captured.

Dai
thanks Dai

Nice pics, no3 for me, I love to see these birds hunt I can watch them all day.
thanks Gav, not quite as sharp as yours tho ;)

Super set. Well done. I'm not jealous :crying:
thanks they weren't as difficult to capture as you may think :)

No1 is just wonderful - the foreground detail and splash of colour from the poppies, together with the great light and spacial effect really make this shot. Even the pylons don't detract from it, it's a great environmental shot and really well captured. :clap:
Thanks Cedric, this was the only one anywhere near to being in focus but i'm glad this one was because of the wing position :)
Wow! Excellent
Thank you (y)

i forgot to mention #2 was shot through the windscreen which explains the weird bokeh effect it's given to the background :LOL:

Last edited:
Great set. Particularly like the first. Like already mentioned, the pylons and poppys just add to the image!

The second, the bokeh is pretty cool, but distracts me too much.

And the last is good too (y)

Great shots, I've never even seen an Owl never mind taking a photo of one...

Back