Barn Owls - Dad and kids

Edit My Images
Yes
1. Young 'un coming in to land

2. Dad busy finding food...

3. ...and feeding his kids (I know this one's a bit rough - was lucky to get anything usable tonight)

4. Gratuitous Dad shot because he's quite the most lovely bird (with wings :D ) I've seen.

5. And finally one of the youngsters showing that they're not really allergic to sunlight!

Not enough hours in the day at the moment... Still got hundreds from the past week to go through!

Cheers
Chris

Not many photos have me smiling Chris, but the third one is an absolute belter, the best of a very good set.................(y)

Very very nice set! This should definitly become your thread dedicated to your Barn Owls! Consider this thread bookmarked!

Great shots! (y)

They are all very good but I love no. 1
The look of aprehension on his face as he's about to touchdown, the wing position, really nice, background's a bit distracting but easily ignored by the foreground content.

Matt

fantstic shots, really love 1 + 2.
Only wish when I panned I got shots like that.

Neil

LOVE THESE nice to see 2 togather like that.
Rob.

Muchas Gracias all!

No.3 is my personal fave, simply because of the conditions. I had more faith in my hands than going above ISO 800 on the D300, so I went down to 1/320 and hoped for the best :D

There was another chap there sporting a 1DmkIII and 500mm f4 IS with a TC (don't you just hate it when that happens? :D ). I'm not sure if I want to see his shots :LOL:

the shape of the bird coming into land is amazing

no 1, 3, 5 are my favs

WOW they are all amazing, just beautiful!

Thanks for the comments everyone - The amount of interest I've had in the Barn Owls here, elsewhere on the web and from people talking to me when I'm shooting has inspired me to start a blog (not just about the Owls, but they will be my main focus to start with) :)

I'll still post up shots on here now and then, and if you'd like to know more about the Owls or an insight into my warped little mind then feel free to pay a visit. Link is now in my signature (y)

edit: and here, since the forum code appears to have been an SS officer in a previous life.... http://chrismillsphoto.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Or it should be? :thinking:

edit: ah, read the rules and it all becomes clear. Doh.

Last edited:
There was another chap there sporting a 1DmkIII and 500mm f4 IS with a TC (don't you just hate it when that happens? :D ). I'm not sure if I want to see his shots :LOL:

Really excellent shots Chris - I was/am one of the other photographers there, and feeling extremely inadequate with my Canon 100-400mm 'peashooter'/40D combo when compared to you two guys!

Cheers
John

Thanks John. I couldn't get there tonight... I hope they were out early for you!

It has already been said, but allow me to add my voice, amazing shots. I particularly love #1, just love how that bird is thinking "God, please make me do a perfect landing, I have to impress thatn chick" :p

Thanks for posting these fornus to enjoy :)

Back