Basketball

C

CriPPle

Some shots of some of my friends playing Basketball taken earlier this week.

1)
BasketBall1.jpg

2)
BasketBall2.jpg

3)
BasketBall3.jpg

4)
BasketBall4.jpg

As always would be great to hear your thoughts and comments :)

agree with dave, #4 is the best

I reckon four is the best also - shows good position on your part to get the angle you have, also depicts all the action of the game with motion in the background also.:)

Cant help thinking that the first one would be soo much better if the flash hadnt caused a dark halo, but not alot you can do about that - unless you've got an external flash.

Nice captures:thumb:

Thanks for the comments guys :)
Warspite said:
Cant help thinking that the first one would be soo much better if the flash hadnt caused a dark halo, but not alot you can do about that - unless you've got an external flash.
I did try using bounce flash, but the ceiling was quite high, mixed with very poor lighting, meant it was not giving enough light.

number 4 is great and this is almost exactly like the hockey thread.

I think the reason that 4 is so good is because you're up close and intimate with the action and the background isn't stealing the impact from the subject.

The problem with shooting games like that is we've all seen fabulous pro shots and have these images in mind when we a look at our own.

In the pro's case it's actually far far easier to get a good image. In a large staduim the background (usually a good crowd) is further away, darker and more uniform. The light is much brighter allowing the lens to open up give a nice tight DoF on the action and of course you get play after play of really athletic action to shoot.

Based on those I reckon if you get yourself under the basket at any NBA game you'll get a whole heap of winners. ;) :D

Back