Bath Rugby vs. Gloucester Rugby 4/1/2008.

Edit My Images
Yes
Covered this ding dong of a game tonight. A real war of attrition. Middle of the park rugby if you will with two teams who play pack rugby scrapping it out, with Bath nailing it 10-5 in the end. Good atmosphere.

Nice lighting as SKY were in situ and they brought their own floodlights as they often do. As such, I under exposed by 2/3rds of a stop to get the shutter about right and set up a custom white balance at 6500 Kelvins though the onboard Flash WB setting was not far off. All shot at ISO 2000 over above, max 3200 on a 400mm F2.8 lens.

Overall, the Mark III performed like a dream tonight. Maybe it is starting to sing at last. But then, like Han Solo, I pilot my machine quite well but still room for improvement. A little bit of 'sportrait' at the end.

Enjoy, comments welcome.

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby32.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby5.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby20.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby19.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby16.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby13.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby10.jpg

proper rugby stuff. well done!

when i do football i get bad weather.. when i do rugby and want conditions like that its always sunny :(

Nice pics.

Briston Pete on POTN :)

My Mk3 is with Canon at the moment! Roll on race season for some testing!

Carl.

Stunning set Diego everyone is superb imo. :clap:

Takes me back 15 years to when I used to go and see Bath play at the Rec regularly. Being a poor student I used to go and see the 2ndXV as it was free and you still got to see about 11 internationals turning out.

Nice set Pete as usual (y)

2nd & 4th pick of the bunch, very very nice Pete, watched the game on Sky was a good game....nice try by Paterson!

Iain

(y)(y):clap:

Fantastic set, Pete, as usual. The lighting is really great but you have done brilliantly. (y)

Wow Pete :clap:
Agree with whats already been said (y)

You pilot your machine well :notworthy:

Great set Pete.......be interested to hear how the 1DMKIII continues to perform ;)

Excellent series, full of action and vitality.

I think these are fantastic Pete!

There's something a bit different about your sports shots from the norm, you seem to bring the character of the people out too.

Love the 2nd & last shots (y)

Awesome pictures! of a propper sport (y)
Brilliant well done like them all :clap:

bloody hell. these are quality....and im not a rugby fan accept for my country of course.

What's going on Diego. Your selling you MK111 because you claim your no good at sports photography. I can't see much wrong with these.

I am fed up at the moment. Feeling very down about a lot of things. Borderline suicidal thoughts and cant be bothered. I wish my brain would just function properly - as such, I push away the things I love. Time and time again. It can very very taxing.

some great shots here, but if they are not getting you inspired - follow your passion and take photos of what you want to for a while, change is good.

for me #2 is a great photo outside of sport and could be used for lots of things -[coke, nike, carlsberg, etc pay this man some money for some shots!]
:p

lovin your work as always pete (y)

Very nice set! I have been longing for a wet Saints game all season, there was one but it was one of the few games I couldn't make! :)

Like you I am really happy with my 1D Mark 3, finally a blue dot one. The previous 2 were rubbish and were returned. Whether this one is better than my 1D2N remains to be seen but looks good to far.

Very nice set! I have been longing for a wet Saints game all season, there was one but it was one of the few games I couldn't make! :)

Like you I am really happy with my 1D Mark 3, finally a blue dot one. The previous 2 were rubbish and were returned. Whether this one is better than my 1D2N remains to be seen but looks good to far.

Was really happy if that sounds correct. I have moved lock stock and barrel to Nikon as so fed up with Canon. :shrug:

Amazing set nice one! :clap:

One day I will have a lens and camera that good :canon:

Back