Bath visit

Name
tony
Edit My Images
Yes
my mrs and i are visiting historic bath for three days next week and wondered if anyone can advise what to see, we will do the usual tourist things seeing the cresent/abbey/bath house etc, are the parks good photo wise, is there things we must see or do over the three days, any help would be great.
thanks i advance.(y)

tony.

Last edited:
You should try Prior Park, they have a fantastic Palladian bridge and close by you can get a shot of the City.

tony the viking said:
my mrs and i are visiting historic bath for three days next week and wondered if anyone can advise what to see, we will do the usual tourist things seeing the cresent/abbey/bath house etc, are the parks good photo wise, is there things we must see or do over the three days, any help would be great.
thanks i advance.(y)

tony.

Tony

Night shots of the streets are enhanced now the Christmas Lights were lit this evening.

The Christmas market is being constructed right now.

Night street scenes are often worth shooting even in slow speed.

City gets very busy from now till the new year. A wander through the lanes are grsat sources of things happening.

Bottom line is that Bath is very photograaphed but it is fun to look for the unusual.

Very esrly in the morning is a good time to shoot some frames.

I like to capture visiting steam engines arriving and leaving Bath Spa ststion.

Finally early morning at the old Green Park Railway Station is worth a vidit. This is the old LMS station a short walk from the town centre. The main building - a georgian style frontsge - is still in good order and leads to the covered ex platform area. Yhe Bath Spa station frontsge is under develolment right now and for anyone eho remembers the old raised car park fronting Platform 2 will find it hss been dug away and a ne ground lrvel piazza is being devrloped.

Good luck enjoy.

Tony

Night shots of the streets are enhanced now the Christmas Lights were lit this evening.

The Christmas market is being constructed right now.

Night street scenes are often worth shooting even in slow speed.

City gets very busy from now till the new year. A wander through the lanes are grsat sources of things happening.

Bottom line is that Bath is very photograaphed but it is fun to look for the unusual.

Very esrly in the morning is a good time to shoot some frames.

I like to capture visiting steam engines arriving and leaving Bath Spa ststion.

Finally early morning at the old Green Park Railway Station is worth a vidit. This is the old LMS station a short walk from the town centre. The main building - a georgian style frontsge - is still in good order and leads to the covered ex platform area. Yhe Bath Spa station frontsge is under develolment right now and for anyone eho remembers the old raised car park fronting Platform 2 will find it hss been dug away and a ne ground lrvel piazza is being devrloped.

Good luck enjoy.

hugh thanks for all the info, we had a great time visiting bath,i took many photos of the autumn tree colours in two parks,we also witnessed the turning on of the xmas lights, had a long walk along the canal towpaths, we didnt get to see old green park railway station (sounds good) but will get that on our next visit, thanks again for your kind reply regards Tony

Back