Beginner Bath

I like the highlights on the cobbles but the rest of the scene is too dark especially where there are no lights.
I would like to see just a little more detail in the deep shadow areas.
Did you shoot RAW or JPEG? If RAW i would consider a re-edit to tweak exposure and highlights/shadows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too dark, too much contrast. Try pulling back a little and lifting the shadows

I like it, I think I can see where you're going with this. Looks like you've run a simplify process on it (perfect effects?), giving it a painted-effect. Perhaps you should have posted this in the creative section, you would have got a better response me thinks.

The only thing I would do to the image, would be to get rid of the alarm on the wall, just above and right of the door (y) other than that, its smart.

Never saw the alarm lol and no it's not simplify but why do I like it?

but why do I like it?

Because you took it and the image is as you imagine it or you've just spent a while editing it and again you are seeing it differently to someone who is seeing the final image only.

I can see the look you were going for but it's lost the detail with the pure blacks in the shadows.

If you like it then that's what counts imo, however go back to it in a day and see if you still feel the same.

Back