bats

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
anyone have any information on bats, i have one that i see everynight flying around my back garden at dusk, and its great to watch, i dont know where to start with trying to photography it but id just like to know in general if its worth while sticking a bat box up on my garage as its quite a high peak? i wouldnt have a clue what it is but spends alot of time over my garden and theres about 8 that back onto each other in a diamond shape

any help would be great

Have a look at this site for some info - http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/all_about_bats.html

We had a bat box up for about seven years and it was never used. It could have been in the wrong place but for a couple of those years a group of 30+ pipistrelles roosted under a neighbour's soffit board about 20 feet from the box.

Good luck with photographing them.

Dave

Almost certainly a pipistrelle. If you get a batbox stick it on a south-facing wall so that they can be nice and warm. I'm still trying to figure out the best way of photographing them

bat.jpg

yeh luckily my garden gets the sun all day and hardly gets any wind, il get the box up and see what happens

Back